GTS - how many are there around?

Bubbles

Imola
Dropped into OPC Aberdeen last week and they had 4 sitting around looking for owners, only 1 was a cancelled order. Got me wondering how many are out there? Must be a good deal out there for somebody in the market. Anyone got any ideas how many are sitting around? OPC used car locator shows a couple of Cabs but nothing else ...

Best value 997 out there. They'll not sit around for long.

I have the impression of Porsche neediness on this one. I had a go in one a couple of weeks ago at Silverstone and had a salesman on the phone both before and several times after the drive trying to persuade me into a road test drive as well. Doesn't exactly smack of rarity to me.

2 available at Leeds OPC, 1 cab and 1 white coupe.

well there should be another one very soon expecting delivery in april can't wait, my first porsche from moving from an aston martin.....

Helfinger said:
well there should be another one very soon expecting delivery in april can't wait, my first porsche from moving from an aston martin.....

What spec did you go for? I really like the thought of a red PDK with aerokit, lowered suspension and sports seats.

its funny you should say that i have to hand my spec to the garage tomorrow and its driving me mad, ready for april delivery...

i'm going for this i think:

911 Carrera GTS Coupe

Exterior Colour
Carrara White

Interior Colour
Black leatherette interior, seats leather/Alcantara
Dashboard trim strip in Alcantara
storage compartment lid in Alcantara

Exterior
ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
Windscreen with grey top tint

Transmission / Chassis
Sport Chrono Package Plus
PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm) with limited slip rear differential lock
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Wheels
19 inch RS Spyder wheel with center lock

Interior
Cruise control
Heated seats
Rear seats
Sports seats

Audio / Communications
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
Universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Preparation for mobile phone
Extended navigation module

Sounds good - I'd certainly go for PDK. But I wouldn't have the centre lock wheels - sound like too much of a faff! Don't think they offer the Aerokit - otherwise you could make a passable GT3!

Saw one today in Chelsea in PTS "Plum" :?

38A Amethyst pearl effect

I too would not go for centre lock as the fitting of winter tyres will mean another set of very expensive rims me thinks :nooo:

Id be more pissed off in having to go to an OPC everytime you needed a tyre fitted or have the independants got the tools now?

spyderman said:
Don't think they offer the Aerokit - otherwise you could make a passable GT3!

They do offer the Aero-kit on this model, so yes you could have a passable GT3!

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Had another call from OPC at lunchtime; "would you like to arrange a GTS test drive now?"

>needy!<

Attachments

• snn1833b_471637a_264.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 5,596
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...