Celebrating 40 years of the 924

T8

Super Moderator
There was great display of the front-engined 'transaxle' cars on display at the Silverstone Classic this weekend including this, the first 924 delivered to the UK.

:worship: for 1976.

An immaculately restored 924 Turbo. :cloud9:

Hi,

This was my 924 Turbo, a car I really loved and it brings back so many happy memories. They are were brilliant car to drive with a decent performance at the time. Photos from a press launch in 1980 shortly before I bought it from the Porsche factory driver Tony Dron it was his "company car".

When the photos were taken Tony had just got back from the 1980 Le Mans finishing a brilliant 12th with co-driver Andy Rouse in the 924 Carrera GT #2 factory car. The Automobile Club D'Ouest sticker still visible in the windscreen under the mirror. The following year I took the car back to Le Mans with Porsche guest tickets courtesy of Tony and saw Derek Bell and Jacky Ickx romp home. Happy days!

Cheers,
Paul

I love 924's, I had a D reg 'S' as my first Porsche and she always made me smile. Unfortunately she was stolen and trashed. They cought the scum bags but I think they got away with it :evil:

Mine, took it to Le Mans Classic this year.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...