C4S front splitter on 996 Turbo

Rioja996TT

Monza
Having just cracked another turbo front splitter, I am balking at paying out £280 for a strip of polyurethane. I note that the C4S splitter has a higher centre section and would thus be far more urban friendly at considerably lower cost. Any downsides to such a replacement? Thanks.

Only from an anoraks point of view.
The reality is you will still probably bash the c4s part!

kas750 said:
Only from an anoraks point of view.
The reality is you will still probably bash the c4s part!

Sooo true :nooo:

The anorak in me also worries that the turbo one is different shaped for a reason, maybe to counteract lift from the bigger rear wing.

I have found that having graunched mine on a steep driveway, sanding it down with fine sandpaper then a coat of plastic conditioner got it looking much, much better.

Robertb said:
The anorak in me also worries that the turbo one is different shaped for a reason, maybe to counteract lift from the bigger rear wing.

I believe that is true, but unless you regularly drive at 120+ on the Autobahn I really doubt you'll notice the difference. I do recall reading that the C4S one was so shaped so as to reduce front lift reduction to match the non turbo rear wing.

I was going through about two a year, so fitted the C4S splitter.
Don't seem to ground it as often as turbo one.
Car seems planted at 140.

I changed mine to the C4s splitter purely because I think it looks nicer.

You will not notice a difference.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...