Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

I like the look of these - hope there's a UK supplier... :?:

John H said:
I like the look of these - hope there's a UK supplier... :?:

John - If there isn't, I can order 5 - 10 sets and get them sent across in one go. Might get a discount, Will save on shipping and I'm sure I'll be able to flog them on here and ebay.

Will let you know.

I'm not sure about the black vinyl headlight surrounds: in the MINI world, that is called the Panda eye mod. As an alternative you could consider red/body coloured surrounds?

The other mod (which can look good on the right car) is the so-called 'Joey mod' [don't ask me why, it's like Gundo hack in the Porsche world] which is to split the headlamps and repaint the silvery/chrome insides (except obviously the reflectors) black. It was so popular that MINI actually offered it from the factory on the later JCW cars as a cost option.

You could always go for the Porsche OEM option, as fitted to the Sports Classic.

I'm sure they'll be very reasonably priced ............. NOT. :floor:

Fitted a set to my partners 987 Boxster and a friends 987.1 Cayman..

easy to fit and look great!

T8 said:
You could always go for the Porsche OEM option, as fitted to the Sports Classic.

I'm sure they'll be very reasonably priced ............. NOT. :floor:

Yeah - you can imagine can't you. :lol:

Yes , I went with the carbon ones very thin fitted nicely.

Attachments

• car_a1_196.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 17,112
  • img_0815_194.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17,113
I'd be up for a set of these as well.

Monkey I agree the gloss black for yours, you could always paint the carbon ones, but don't buy the plastic/pu/ grp ones as they are much thicker than the carbon and don't sit as nicely over the light against the bodywork.

carbon ones for £100 painting probably £50 so depends on the cost and shipping and import duty of the vinyl ones from the states as to whether the painted carbon are a cheaper/better option mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272433191476?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OK - I emailed them today to find out if they can do me 5 or 10 sets at a discounted price.

Will update once I hear back from them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...