BBS LM for 993

I agree - BBS LM's look perfect on a 993 . I spent a very long time sorting a set for my nb C2 . The sizes you state fit just fine without issue as I did have a set of 996 sport classics on my car previously in those sizes.
I personally am not keen on the flat look the BBS LM in this size give - together with the difficulty I had finding some that size for a reasonable price.

I bought a secondhand set 8.5x18 et56 fronts / 10x18 et 50 rear . They were fine on the front but the rears rubbed . I looked at rolling arches and altering camber angles but wasn't keen on either option . In the end I sent them to TT Tools in Chelmsford. They plugged the stud holes , machined off 10mm from the rear face of the centres and then remachined the holes . This effectively gave me an et of 60 . I run Bilsteins set at -30mm and have no issues with rubbing or clearance and and very pleased with the results .
The fronts I have since reverse mounted which makes around 14mm difference I believe so have an et of 42 on the front - again with no issues .
Hope this helps .. as it may open up some options for you

This photo is with the fronts reverse mounted

Attachments

• 993bbs_104.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 7,008
and these shows the centres after machining

Attachments

• bbs_remachined_centre_1_142.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6,999
  • bbs_remachined_centre_2_156.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 6,999
It would be interesting to hear/read BBS' thoughts on machining the centres as I would imagine then strength and integrity of the wheel could be compromised?

C.

Slightly off topic (so apologies) but has anyone tried BBS E88s on a 993. Appreciate that is more of a track tyre but would be interested for views on how it works on the road.

Just picked up my E88s

Attachments

• 4ca60678_11b0_463c_9594_c55fd9755373_135.jpeg
    565.1 KB · Views: 2,612
They look fantastic!! Congrats on the purchase. These have swiftly moved up the 'must have" list...

Just FYI, the last set of LM's I sold (11's and 9's) took ages to sell on here, in the end I think I got £1800 for them ...

Lovely wheels, but they don't seem to be particularly sought after. If you want to sell them, you may want/need to drastically revise your asking price.

This.. :thumbs:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...