Alpine ILX-700 wiring

Karl_996

Hello,

First post on here.
I'm looking for help wiring my 996 (2003) with a Alpine ILX-700.
I've got the old PCM2 out fine. I used the supplied wiring loom adapter and run a separate accessory power to the new head unit which now powers up.
Problem is I get no sound...

Note:
I have the Becker DSP amplifier and PCM2 RDW.
This is the wiring loom adapter I was supplied - https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...l-antenna-adaptor.html?search=ct27aa17&page=2

Anyone got ideas of what I'm missing (extra brain cells excluded)

Thanks
Karl

Hi Karl,
The link you have is for an antenna adapter, nothing else. A common one to check is that any amplifier trigger output is present, that has changed between pinouts on different units. I am not sire when the PCM changed to optical (MOST) output. Post up more pinouts and info and I might be able to help.

MC

Thankfully, mine didn't have MOST, so my advice will be limited!

So things to check:
Does the converter need power? Is it getting it? (Does it have an LED or anything?)

Is the amp getting power? That should have a more obvious LED

Have you wired the amp to use speaker level or phono / RCA cables?

If it is doing speaker level, are you using the car's loom to get the signal to the amp in the frunk?

In my car, that loom uses a common ground across the four speakers (so only uses 5 wires) and most amps that take speaker lever don't like that - so try connecting just one speaker line at the amp?

I ended up making up my own speaker cable loom The amp does the doors and the H/U does the dash & rear panels.

The adapter you have bought bypasses your factory amp (sound provided via the optical feed!)

What you need is one of either:

- adapter to feed optical from your new HU to the Becker DSP
EDIT: see here for the one you want
http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT51-PO04

or
- wiring look to take new HU sound output --> speakers directly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...