997.2 carrera bumper swap out

Blown_u

Hey all,

I have a gen 2 carrera 4s, I have been exploring different front splitters to make the car more 'sporty" if that makes sense, but I can't seem to find any!

Another option would be to fit a turbo/gt2 front bumper, aside from the obvious like drls and fogs, would the bumper bolt straight on?
Do I need to buy a turbo inner skin or would mine bolt up to it?

Thanks in advance.

GTS or Aerokit bumper would be simplest. GT3 will push up costs a bit. Not seen a GT2 front on a Carrera, but I guess it's equally possible. Not seen a Turbo front end either. There's TechArt too.

Have a google about guys fitting the 991 lower lip to a gen2 997 , member Monster has done it down here and its a nice look its subtle but more aggressive and looks very OE unlike some of the aftermarket ones .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YreSIOOVng

I've fitted a turbo front end to mine. I went with the Gen 2 lights which act as DRLs with the ignition on and then flash as indicators when selected.
The front bumper is a direct bolt on the differences are as follows:
Tubing for the headlight washers need to be extended & you will also need to change the front wheel well and under bumper plastic liners to have a perfect fit.
I didn't change my wheel well liners, I got them to fit by heating them up a bit and lining everything up, underneath the front bumper you need to buy the lower shields.

Thanks all,
I'm liking the 991 front lip! That might be an option.
Fitting a turbo bumper just seems abit of a headache.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...