2015 Macan

Richyd

Mugello
So, our new Macan S Diesel was delivered on Saturday!!

It's awesome, a really amazing car. Lots of space, loads of torque and the handling is sublime for such a large car. It seems to get a little attention as it's so pretty, and the build quality is stunning. It feels very well built.

Very happy with our choice - the wait was a bit of a pain, but there ain't many of them around. Price-wise, it seems to be a bargain compared to the competition too - the handling is so superior to others in this range.

Happy boy!!

Spec off the top of my head - White, RS alloys, black pack, privacy, PCM, PASM, panoramic roof, sports seats, full leather, sensors incl camera

When we finally specced it a few months ago, the system said we were getting the facelifted model, which as far as Ican see just adds a lip spoiler to the front - I'm guessing to reduce front end lift at high speeds..?? Looks nice anyway

Attachments

• new_macan_133.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 17,203
  • macan_back_216.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 17,203
Richyd said:
Looks nice anyway

Certainly does Rich.
I have only seen one to date on the road and I have to say that, to my eyes, it looked very good. Some sort of light brownie colour :dont know:
Sat nice. Might not have gone for diesel though. :?:

Looks good Mate, and big enough to fit a step ladder in there. You never know when you might find yourself trying to get out of some water.

:hand:

:floor:

Looks good Mr tri porka 👍🏻😎

facelift already !

but that is quite a chin :thumb:

early impressions ?

Quick update -

Still very happy. The car hustles along B-roads and A-roads really well, and (very) high speed stability is rock-solid (suspect the front lip-spoiler helps this as early reports a year ago stated not so good in cross-winds at speed). Anyway, this isn't a problem I've noticed so far.

The PASM setup is bang-on, the car corners sooo flat it feels like it shouldn't be possible. The gearbox is very clever, I use the paddles to drop down a cog before overtaking, but other than that. I just leave it in comfort or sport full-auto mode.

The interior is wearing well - black leather, so it should do really. The Carrera White paint is also holding up well, not a single stone chip (that I've noticed yet)

Only critisism I can think of - don't bother with the 18-way sports seats. They're very narrow (and I'm not a fattie). I'd stick with the standard adjustable seats.

Still a great car, we're still uber-happy with it!

Great cars - I've got one as a courtesy car at the moment and I'm pretty impressed!!

Might even give into temptation at some point, and I've even been on the configurator.. :thumb:

A colleague of mine bought one and they absolutely love it. They've had BMW, Mercedes and Audis in the past (estates and SUV's) and say it's the best of the lot. :thumb:

Thanks or the update Richyd. I have a Petrol S coming in March next year.

Apart from the seats, any other options you specced that are particularly good/bad ? any regrets not speccing?

Full length roof is nice, PASM is very good. I was advised to stay away from 21" wheels by the dealer, hence we went 20" spyder allows. Black-line pack for outside suits the car well.

We specced ours quite well I think. I really wouldn't bother with the sports seats though, although we went for them because if you order leather ones there is a quirk in the system which means you basically get full leather for something like £200.

Still happy with it - awesome car. Have been tempted to buy one for myself (missus uses our one mainly), although I would get a petrol GTS.... :?:

:?: Interesting about the seats. I'm looking for a CayenneD with the 18-way adaptive seats as they feel superb for the brief period I've sat in them. Very few Cayenne's have them so perhaps the 14-way comforts will fit the bill :dont know:

I really like the Macan- best looking 4x4xfar.

Wonder if they'll ever do a 4.8 V8 version. 8)

GB911 said:
Thanks or the update Richyd. I have a Petrol S coming in March next year.

Apart from the seats, any other options you specced that are particularly good/bad ? any regrets not speccing?

I dropped a deposit on a Macan S (petrol) yesterday. My sales guy told me it may be up to 18 months. Yikes! I'm hoping it's not that long but I'm not in a huge rush.
Any idea's of a realistic waiting time? Cheers, Paul.

I was at Hatfield last week, whilst there a couple were picking up their new Macan, great in some sort of bright metallic blue. Got chatting to the new owners, they said they ordered theirs in November. I was assuming November last year which seemed a bit quick :dont know:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more...