Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Schedule 911

Maxamplitude

Guys what is the service schedule with regards to minor and major services?
I have a 55 plate on 32k miles, service due next Jan how do I know if its minor or major?

Thanks
Max

The first service will (should) have been a minor, two years after that a major, alternating every two years.

Maxamplitude said:
I have a 55 plate on 32k miles, service due next Jan how do I know if its minor or major?

You went for it then. :thumb:

As a new owner I'd go for a major as a matter of course but otherwise I'd follow on from whatever the service book says it's had previously. Over time many get out of kilter from the prescribed minor/major/minor especially when annual mileage is low - as with your car.

They check some extra stuff....

Pretty sure spark plugs aren't automatic on a major - that is mileage dependent.
Minor is basically oils and filters (oil and air) plus some checks,
Major is more extensive checks...
Unless someone can correct me??

Congrats btw! :thumbs:

They will probably flag this up but it's worth asking or finding out when the belts were last changed/checked.

Maxamplitude said:
So what is the difference between a minor and major service?

Thanks in advance

Ring an OPC that offers fixed price servicing. Get it from the horses mouth. Brake fluid is priced separately, as is serpentine belt and for major service on a Turbo, spark plugs are priced separately.

should be in the handbook

minor after 2 years on 997 then major 2 years after that.

I am not comfortable with oil being in two years so drop mine every year regardless of what model it is.

I think spark plugs are every 60k miles or age dependant

coil packs would be 80k miles but it depends on age and if they go as they have a habit of just letting go with no warning.

Took mine in for a service....
Had the oil and filter done after 12 months of ownership..knew this one was a major but all the stars seem to have aligned with this one...

yIQKyMz.jpg

cKpBNBZ.jpg

Tyres will be ordered soon.
Coil packs on next service.
Happy man 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back