Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R been hanging around

lofi

Barcelona
If been keeping an eye on PDK Cayman R's for a while now and most seem to sell pretty quickly when advertised in the £40k to £42k bracket. This one, which has higher mileage than most, has hung around for months even with a price drop. Has most of the preferred options except the PSE (PDK arguments aside) but hasn't sold. Anyone seen it and able to report why?

http://www.marque1cars.com/cars/porsche/cayman/rpdk/54894/

54894_12_big.jpg

The interior is awesome. Don't like the colour though.

Peridot isn't everyone colour taste, I personally think it is stunning and can't understand why it's not sold 53k miles is highish but not OTT and is just a price negotiation point. the carbon seats alone must be 4k worth of extras. got to be worth trying your luck in the early 30s :thumb:

I really love the colour, for me it would be Peridot or white on one of these. Strasse had one almost the same in at the same time and that sold pretty fast (lower miles higher price). this has been there since at least November and started at £38.5k, then £37.9k now £36k. kinda suggests these are (unreasonably) mileage sensitive.

Yes you could be right but if you got it for around 30/31k or even 32k you have covered a big chunk of the negative mileage effect and are driving what you want in your and my fav colour ,and if it's been there 4/5 months I am sure they will want to move it from stock and free up the money and space .Every week it sits there it's costing them money. :grin: :thumb:

No Sat Nav :dont know: And despite it being shoite most people these days seem to want it along with phone prep :roll:

Colour is lovely

with it being the R a little bit of a left field colour works.

Mileage isn't too bad. it is 5 years old so just over 10k a year :thumb:

I had noticed this too!
Think it looks lovely...
Thinking a Cayman R might be a future possibility :thumb:

Personally I reckon that the ultimate spec C-R would have PCM with the usual upgrade options (as much as anything for the iPod interface and full phone module - this isn't a track car and most buyers expect a discount if it doesn't have those), a manual gearbox and not be the uber-marmite colour of Peridot. IMHO the people who want PDK tend to want Nav and without it : might a manual be an easier sell?

I don't think that this one is badly priced as such, but I still stand by the contention that I made a long time ago that it is too easy to upgrade an S to an almost-R (especially a black edition, which even has the same engine) for it to get the kind of residual strength of the 987 Spyder. An R is of course better than an S, but people who consider it worthy of a 40%-85% premium will to my mind always be a niche within a niche won't they? This one hanging around for a bit might just be the market deciding?

When I looked at the photos it appeared to have PCM 3 fitted so all the ipod phone etc. should all connect . Although a valid point on whether an R car that is geared to hard core driving the type of buyer that's wants that is usually looking for manual,despite the fact that PDK is quicker than manual. but the Brits do still prefer manual on the whole. :grin: although I prefer tip/pdk :thumb: :thumbs:

PDK with Sport+ all the way for me :grin:

Too much Peridot inside for my liking.

not interested in satnav but would want to be able to at least plug in my phone to do music. Hadn't realised Peridot was so marmite, makes me like it more! I'm still not sure anyone has put their finger on why this is sticking around. Even with the cost of putting a Porsche warranty on it it's cheaper than anything else I've seen in the last 5 months.

Phil 997 said:
When I looked at the photos it appeared to have PCM 3 fitted

Look closer - that is the normal CD/radio on a 9X7.2, not a PCM console I am afraid. It is possible to get a basic bluetooth handsfree kit on that (though not the full 'phone module) and a 3.5mm line in option (though no iPod or phone control via the console) but neither are mentioned in the spec. It just has "sound package plus", which is a marginally better than bog standard speaker/amp setup and a cheap option (as well as being a requisite to the bluetooth and line in options should a buyer wish to retrofit).

So not as sought after as I thought if lack of pcm is such a turn off

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back