Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Supercup 08 - Race 11 # Spa, Belgium - SEAN WINS !!

Any chance of organising some rain at Monza next week?

Excellent drive and result :thumb:

front page news on 911uk :D

anyone got the weather forecast for Monza ?

***Highlights for those who didn't see it http://www.dailymotion.com/mjanosh/video/11222895***

Mega :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for all the congrats!

Race was great, best of the season for me, battling through with some great passes! Just watched it back, commentator doesn't know what hes on about, normally Simon Hill does it, but he was off this weekend. Intermidiates?! I was on slicks and a full dry setup, we are not even allowed inters in Supercup!

Anyway, lap 1 was interesting, all of us went off at Les Combe, as it rained just as we braked! Then got past Saleens for 3rd and caught Jeroen for 2nd, he made life hard, but eventually got past him round the outsite into Le Combe and by that time Jap was miles ahead, 5 odd seconds at that point, I was trying to catch him, but thought it was too big of a gap, but reeled him in and 2 laps later he made a mistake through Eau Rouge and I got the slipstream and went round the outside again into Les combes!

Pulled a decent lead and just kept it on track from there, had a big gap and he cut the chicane with 2 laps to go, so caught right back up the cheeky *****!

Very happy with this, I was expecting my second win at Valencia in the dry after I got pole, but then got DQ, so it wasn't to be. :( Amazing first season for me, never thought I could do all I have done in the first season and with lots of bad luck at points. Am 7th in the championship now and with a good result in Monza can be top 5 and win rookie of the year :D Teams championship still wide open, we are lying 3rd only 7 points behind first...

Great weekend, althgough I was annoyed I didn't have pole in quali, messed up my lap...

Things are really looking good now.

***Highlights for those who didn't see it http://www.dailymotion.com/mjanosh/video/11222895***

Mega :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for all the congrats!

Race was great, best of the season for me, battling through with some great passes! Just watched it back, commentator doesn't know what hes on about, normally Simon Hill does it, but he was off this weekend. Intermidiates?! I was on slicks and a full dry setup, we are not even allowed inters in Supercup!

Anyway, lap 1 was interesting, all of us went off at Les Combe, as it rained just as we braked! Then got past Saleens for 3rd and caught Jeroen for 2nd, he made life hard, but eventually got past him round the outsite into Le Combe and by that time Jap was miles ahead, 5 odd seconds at that point, I was trying to catch him, but thought it was too big of a gap, but reeled him in and 2 laps later he made a mistake through Eau Rouge and I got the slipstream and went round the outside again into Les combes!

Pulled a decent lead and just kept it on track from there, had a big gap and he cut the chicane with 2 laps to go, so caught right back up the cheeky *****!

Very happy with this, I was expecting my second win at Valencia in the dry after I got pole, but then got DQ, so it wasn't to be. :( Amazing first season for me, never thought I could do all I have done in the first season and with lots of bad luck at points. Am 7th in the championship now and with a good result in Monza can be top 5 and win rookie of the year :D Teams championship still wide open, we are lying 3rd only 7 points behind first...

Great weekend, althgough I was annoyed I didn't have pole in quali, messed up my lap...

Things are really looking good now.

Jamie said:
Was watching live on telly, very nervy. Great drive! With rain on the track nobody else had a chance. Another convincing win and a great days viewing of motorsports.

Well done Sean!

ps next time you win, in the room just before the podium where number 2 & 3 are chatting right in front of the camera - go and join in and flash your sponsors arm patches! The bottle of Evian can wait for later 8)

Next year we can do a deal for bigger logos ;) But if I am on the podium in Monza, I will do it just for you! Problem is, you never know if the camera is actually broadcasting on TV at that time as there is so bloody many of them around, its really hard to know!

Nice picture.

Attachments

• sean_edwards_wins_at_belgian_gp_medium_207.jpg
    sean_edwards_wins_at_belgian_gp_medium_207.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 5,029
Close up

Attachments

• sean_edwards_wins_at_belgian_gp_medium_982.jpg
    sean_edwards_wins_at_belgian_gp_medium_982.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,964
Sean:
Next year we can do a deal for bigger logos ;) But if I am on the podium in Monza, I will do it just for you! Problem is, you never know if the camera is actually broadcasting on TV at that time as there is so bloody many of them around, its really hard to know!

Jamie:
I just glanced at my chequebook and I am sure that it shuddered :puh:

Cool pic :) Poor cheque book! :D

Check that video out, savage! Lap 2 of the race through Eau Rouge, amazing sound and speed!

Have you seen this lap of Bathurst - the car seems so loose and such a lot of wheelsphin - this gives a very different perspective -

Awesome driving, Sean!

LJ

LOJO said:
Have you seen this lap of Bathurst - the car seems so loose and such a lot of wheelsphin - this gives a very different perspective -

Awesome driving, Sean!

LJ

Probably because that is actually Sean on the computer game rFactor :mrgreen:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quartzpro
Back