Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Keenly priced Gen 2 cars

BenB91

Nurburgring
Comparative heavy miles on both cars, and they are standard Carrera models rather than Carrera S.
That said, if they are clean then a good purchase awaits.

That's interesting, yes not low miles, but not exactly high yet either. The standard Carrera isn't that highly strung so I reckon they could well be solid cars. Something to get out and drive that's for sure.

The thing is, I'd actually noticed some cars I'd saved on AT selling too, so maybe we are getting to the time of year where buyers and sellers are preparing for peak season.

Not super high miles though.

What is a better buy - a Carrera S Gen 1 with 60k miles at £27k or a newer Gen 2 Carrera with 75k miles at £30k? I'd go with the Gen 2 car as it's newer.

I've seen a few c2s and c4s gen 2 cars for mid 30s recently, cars that were low 40s just a few months ago

You'd take a gen 2 over a gen 1 for the better PCM alone! The newer Carrera is practically the same as the older S. With PDK it's probably faster.

I'd have definitely gone gen 2 if there were any remotely close to gen 1 prices when I was looking. Nice low mileage gen 1's have their advantages - the rear seats on the first example look like they've gone mouldy. I don't think higher mileage gen 2 cars at £30k are going to be minters. Doesn't make them a bad buy necessarily as they could be mechanically sound.

There's a trend forming as with all 911's (and all cars). High miles = cheap prices simples, this doesn't mean prices are dropping. low miles minters are actually rising in value.

Personally I'd snap one of those high milers up versus a gen 1!

There are several mint low miles Gen 2 C4S at the moment over 55k.

spongebob squarepants said:
There's a trend forming as with all 911's (and all cars). High miles = cheap prices simples, this doesn't mean prices are dropping. low miles minters are actually rising in value.

Personally I'd snap one of those high milers up versus a gen 1!

There are several mint low miles Gen 2 C4S at the moment over 55k.

Are they genuine low milers??

After reading that thread last week, about Ferrari clocking.......and then the news about BMW being investigated.

I am starting to mistrust everyone :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back