Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen replacement for my Porsche 996 C4

c4bkg

Hi all, I need to replace my cracked widnscreen on my 996 c4. My Insurance is lockton who uses AXA who uses Autoglas - However, due to their process between AXA and autoglas - i cannot get an appointment (If you want OEM, Autoglas requires Insurance approval, but AXA says they don't need to approve, just pay and they will re-imbursh, but AXA won't do this despite saying I will pay - complete dogs breakfast. So I need to go somewhere else where I can get quality work done using an OEM windscreen. I live near Farnham - GU10 5, can anyone make a recommendation?

thanks!

If you're paying out of pocket:

http://www.glasstecpaul.com/

However I would be tempted to just go with the Insurance option. I've just had my screen done by autoglass and they appear to have done a great job. In my research beforehand it looks like no one other than the OE supplier makes windscreens for the 9x6 platform. I bought the OE edge trim bits from Porsche and just gave them to the autoglass guy who was happy to use them.

I also removed the wipers and scuttle myself so I could be confident the guy wasn't going to scratch my paint. Very easy job.

If it's not done to your liking then it's just a £50 excess and give paul a ring.

Go to your Main Dealer.

I did this earlier in the year after Autoglas turned up with the incorrect parts twice to do the work.

Autoglass replaced mine, go to a hub where they have the necessary tools as opposed to doing it on your drive. I used the Croydon Hub.

Also ask them to use OEM glass.

pye21 said:
Go to your Main Dealer.

I did this earlier in the year after Autoglas turned up with the incorrect parts twice to do the work.

I went to main dealer (Tewkesbury) - they farmed the work out to a local windscreen fitter. Initially they ordered the wrong trim pieces...

Then they didn't fit the trim correctly or replace the headlining properly.

They reluctantly took the car back in to rectify the trim and headlining issue after asking me to sort it directly with their contractor!

Still didn't fit the trim or headlining correctly so did it myself - luckily this was thru the PCGB Insurance scheme but was around £800 if I recall correctly.

Never trusting my car to this particular dealer again!

MY OPC ordered all the parts and subcontracted the fitment. The parts are fine, but i have had an issue with excessive noise coming from the windscreen since being fitted. The dealer refuses to acknowledge it though.

pye21 said:
MY OPC ordered all the parts and subcontracted the fitment. The parts are fine, but i have had an issue with excessive noise coming from the windscreen since being fitted. The dealer refuses to acknowledge it though.

Same problem I had but I think they sorted the wind noise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back