Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wellsy's 996.1 C2 Aero

Thank you to everyone for all the kind comments and I'm glad peeps are enjoying reading.

This time of year brings the annual trip to Precision Porsche and as always nothing less than exemplary service from the guys there. This time I left the car with them for a week so they could work their way through a few bits and pieces. The list included:

Service
Brake fluid change
MOT
New spark plug tubes
New AOS bellows
New front brake pipes from calipers to hoses
Handbrake adjustment
New clutch slave cylinder and hose
Brake disc bells cleaned and painted

Happy days

:thumbs:

What a stunner, nice to see some companies local(sih) to me being used!

Real slippery slope seeing projects this good!

Been a while! Not masses to report but well overdue an update nevertheless. Car had it's annual service and MOT last September at Precision Porsche. Always excellent service given by the guys there. Really sad to hear of the fire at their premises but hopefully they've recovered.

More recently I've bought another pair of seats. Whilst I love the buckets, with my two boys rapidly growing it's becoming more and more impractical getting access into the rear seats. So I've picked up some 981 sports seats and got the drivers seat fitted today. A bit of playing around with wiring but not too complex given only the back rests are electric which is the same as the seats my car came from the factory with. First impressions are they feel great, really comfy and whilst they don't hold you like a bucket seat they're miles better than the 996 sport seat.

PXL-20240324-155348093.jpg

PXL-20240324-155423809.jpg

PXL-20240324-155456248.jpg

Hi mate I was wondering If you still had my old car and pleased you do, Love what you have done and the 981 seat does look really nice actually and given the fact you can take the boys out is even more a reason for the change.

I've got myself another 996, missed my old ones, Maybe be cool to catch up on day If you are still local (y)

Hi Jay. Nice to hear from you. Looks like you've got yourself a rather special new addition. Congratulations! Would be great to see it in the metal.

Your old steed is still going well and continues to put a smile on my face. I'll drop you a line to arrange a meet up (y)

Likewise mate, I did see It in the car park Brand hatch Porsche show last year or the year before maybe in fact! I parked next to It in my 944. pleased Its been good for you It's been a while now hasn't it time flys.

I'll hopefully catch up with you soon then.

What's happening with the old seats ? Good job BTW, been going through this IMG_20240402_182130_resized_20240402_092819426.jpg

I'm not sure on the old seats yet. As much as it pains me to say it I may put them up for sale. A lot of effort went into sourcing and then the trimming of them so I would be sorry to let go of them but I guess no point them gathering dust in the garage. If anyone is interested I'm happy to have a chat.

I'm not sure on the old seats yet. As much as it pains me to say it I may put them up for sale. A lot of effort went into sourcing and then the trimming of them so I would be sorry to let go of them but I guess no point them gathering dust in the garage. If anyone is interested I'm happy to have a chat.
Let me know if you're selling those seats please.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back