Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted WANTED - 997 in Guards Red

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.
droptop said:

It seems like a nice car from a well respected dealer.

Any purchase is down to personal choice and this is demonstrated superbly by this car. Four things would make this a non-starter for me. i.e It's a Gen1, it's a Cabriolet, it's a manual, it's got a sand interior. :grin:

Don't let any of that put you off - the '95% done' sale of my car fell through a few years ago as the prospective buyer wanted a light interior like that and the black in mine became a show-stopper for him.

I suspect that you won't find many Guards Red Cabriolets on the market and all open tops will be sought after at this time of year so I wouldn't delay too long if you really fancy this one.

I quite like the sandy beige interiors - especially when you add some houndstooth into the centres.

997_12-1.jpg

:bandit:

Went to view the Cabrio at Dove House but unfortunately it wasn't great. Paintwork was pretty shabby and had a bad paint repair on the drivers side rear panel. Also not 100% sold on the beige in person!

The hunt continues...

droptop said:
Went to view the Cabrio at Dove House but unfortunately it wasn't great. Paintwork was pretty shabby and had a bad paint repair on the drivers side rear panel. Also not 100% sold on the beige in person!

The hunt continues...

I had a similar experience in August last year. I'd always thought of them as being the Gold Standard in car prep and presentation.
Disappointed doesn't even come close to explaining my feelings when I saw the car I went to view.

It was a bit of a shame that it didn't look as good as the photos - especially after a 4 hour round trip. Luckily stopped by the Porsches by the Lake event on the way home so didn't feel like a totally wasted journey.

Still on the hunt.

Someone stop me from settling for Basalt Black.

Congrats! I hope it is GR!!

droptop said:
Search over!

You made it home without it blowing up then. :grin:

Looking forward to hearing your first impressions.

:congrats:

It's GR and that's all that matters!

Got it home and discovered an oil leak from the tandem pump which has put a bit of a damper on things but other than that I'm well chuffed.

Attachments

• img_5501_564.jpg
    img_5501_564.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back