Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted WANTED: 997.1 Turbo (Manual Coupe) Again

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.

Paul_S

Monza
Not for the first time, but I'm again looking for a manual 997 Turbo coupe. I was on the hunt at the end of last year, bought something else, but have sold that and this is now my definitive search.

So, if you hear of one, or have one yourself, I am looking for:

Manual coupe
Any colour except white (bonus points and extra £ for something different in terms of exterior and/or interior colour scheme)
Sports Chrono & Sunroof is a must
History and provenance more important than mileage but lower mileage preferred
Ideally no or very few mods

I expect a few more will appear as we approach Xmas and values come under pressure, but if I can get in front of any before they become public then may be better for all concerned.

I know i've posted something similar before, let's hope this time I can hold out...

There was an immaculate low mileage one at OPC Bournemouth. Possibly sold by now!

Good luck with the search, what is your budget and are you looking at stock cars only?

Slayer said:
There was an immaculate low mileage one at OPC Bournemouth. Possibly sold by now!

Yep, that annoyed me. Meteor Grey with the most amazing full red leather interior, sold on Collecting Cars for £61k then appeared at OPC Bournemouth a week later for £85k under the Classic program, and sold within a week.

Exactly what I was looking for, but I wasn't in the market until last week.

apollokre1d said:
Good luck with the search, what is your budget and are you looking at stock cars only?

I'll pay whatever, market seems to be low £60s for a good one so I'll be expecting anything to be at that level unless it's truly special.

I don't want overly modified as I prefer stock, I also like to tinker so I'd like one I can upgrade myself over time. I know that is a contradiction.

BTW, where is the market on colours? Any rare ones worth seeking out? I did have Slate Grey before which was lovely, I think these cars suit darker colours.

Would love to hear your opinions between the 997 GT3 and Turbo - I'm currently struggling to decide which one to go for!

Jay. said:
Would love to hear your opinions between the 997 GT3 and Turbo - I'm currently struggling to decide which one to go for!

If you are looking for exciting drives, GT3 is the one. Much of raw experience compared to the Turbo.
As a daily, Turbo all the way.

Jay. said:

I've sold the GT3 after only 6 months because the only time I wanted to drive it was when I went to a car event or for one of those spirited drives where you don't go anywhere. They are magnificent cars, but are a 9/10 or 10/10 effort car - what I thought I wanted as a second car but alas just not for me. I want something that is more usable whenever I wanted to.

If it was the feeling, the sound, and people staring at you and the whole event - GT3 every time.

I'm just an old man so prefer something slightly softer.

Yes I saw that thanks, if it wasn't for the interior i'd be interested.

Porsche did a nice two-tone one, black and sand so the dash, a/b/c pillars and roof lining were black - I could live with that, but not that one.

Obviously retrimming is an option, but too much work and cost.

If it is just the interior (and the numbers work,) I heard a lot of people on this forum use DesignLS who can pretty much change or recover anything you like https://www.designls.co.uk/

Just had a look through classifieds for gen 1 mezger 997 turbo. Good ones are seriously thin on the ground. I’m so pleased with mine over last 16 years I genuinely would not swap for anything this side of a CGT they perform so well real world - OP you should speak to 911 Virgin, JZM, 9e, Cridfords, Harbour cars etc and ask for early heads up if any nice examples become available. it’s a shame you sold your PTS slate grey one. Very rare colour on these.

Yep, the Slate Grey one was a regret but I only had room for one car at the time and I opted for the Spyder. I've tried to buy it back but no luck.

There's not a lot around no, but these are not rare cars and the prices will come under pressure - I have a lot of feelers out already and couple of options already under discussion, but trying to choose wisely.

Talking of nice colours and interior.

Attachments

• img_0131_139.jpeg
    img_0131_139.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 907
  • img_0878_194.jpeg
    img_0878_194.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 907
  • img_1266_160.jpeg
    img_1266_160.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 908
Lovely, Lapis I guess. Assume you’re just teasing?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back