Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Undriven 911

markve

I have become responsible for auctioning off a 911 that has been garaged, undriven for the last 2 years. To get the car moving the battery will need charging at least but seeking guidance on what else I should consider before running in order to avoid problems ie oil, thinner etc?

Post details of the car up. There may be someone here that could save you the hassle of prepping the car for auction

Unfortunately the car is in France at the moment so we are trying to arrange transportation to bring it to the UK where we can get it prepped for auction but don’t want to do any damage whilst getting it loaded.
Thx

is it a modern or a classic 911, as the former might be fine with a top up of oil and fuel

Fraid not. This one is LHD bought at LeMans showroom when Porsche still had one there.

Why bring a LHD car to auction off in a RHD market. Surely a better result is to be had via the French/EU channels.

Why bring a LHD car to auction off in a RHD market. Surely a better result is to be had via the French/EU channels.
Tax? If it's a UK registered car then I could see that being quite an issue.

Yes, looking into that. Believe there may be post-Brexit export/import Admin costs plus VAT and Duty payable ?…Bit of a nightmare

May make more sense......and profit......if it's re-registered in France with French plates on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back