Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ULEZ 996.1 c2 is it compliant?

I too have done a few and advised others.

Here is an extract of an email i received 3 weeks ago re the DVLA updating V5's to include missing information:

After waiting 6 weeks for the DVLA to review my V5 and update it with information from the CoC, they have returned it unchanged. When I initially called them I was told there would be no issue updating the V5 with information from the CoC.

In the letter I received from the Casework Unit, it states:
The CO2 emissions rating for a vehicle is provided at the time of first registration. If the CO2 emission rating is not presented at first registration, it cannot be included at a later date, even if a CoC or a voluntary IVA cert is present.

YOU will note the email refers to CO2 but the body of the email then refers to all the other readings includin NOX.

It seems then that there is no set process with apparently ad hoc decisions being made.

I asked why he wanted his V5 updated when he lived in the ULEZ zone and his response was to ensure he was compliant for other cities should he visit them.

The tale ends with a rejection by TFL and a couple of hours late a letter of compliance.

Wierd eh!

I've just had a similar experience - sent off my V5C with the CoC and covering letter as per James' suggestion, but received the unaltered V5C back from them along with a letter (in separate envelope - glad to hear our taxes are being spent efficiently!) from the Vehicle Casework Unit which said the following:

"I have taken further advice and have been advised that as your vehicle was manufactured before 01/01/2001 we are not able to update any details on our records.

Even though you have provided evidence of the emission details, updating the DVLA record will not make the vehicle compliant with the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) or Clean Air Zone (CAZ)."

So, even though we all know that the second sentence is incorrect (where the CoC shows figures which are compliant), the first sentence indicates that they are unable or unwilling to update the V5C, unless you get lucky and someone who picks up your request doesn't "take further advice" and just goes ahead with the request.

After 6 months of hassle with missing post and general inertia, I've finally got the CoCs from Porsche for my C2 and GT3. However the cover letter from Porsche says they aren't, in fact, CoCs anyway as they can't reissue these. They describe them as "Technical Specifications" or something like that. They seem to have the relevant emissions data at the very least.
It appears there is a huge amount of inconsistency in getting DVLA / TFL to acknowledge compliance. Does anyone have a recent success story to share. I'm reluctant to start sending off original documents if I'm just going to wait 8 weeks to have my V5 sent back to me unamended........

Thanks !

If you are talking about getting your car ULEZ compliant then you do not need to send off any original documents.

TFL will want to see the 'official, coc showing your car has an NO emission of .08g/km or less and the 4 pages of your V5. That is all.

There is no need to try to have your V5 altered by the DVLA as you will fail.

In my last attempt I waited many weeks, recieved failure to comply emails, emails about not receiving email attachments and so on and had to get my London assembly member to help as TFL were really messing about. My car is now compliant.

After 6 months of hassle with missing post and general inertia, I've finally got the CoCs from Porsche for my C2 and GT3. However the cover letter from Porsche says they aren't, in fact, CoCs anyway as they can't reissue these. They describe them as "Technical Specifications" or something like that. They seem to have the relevant emissions data at the very least.
It appears there is a huge amount of inconsistency in getting DVLA / TFL to acknowledge compliance. Does anyone have a recent success story to share. I'm reluctant to start sending off original documents if I'm just going to wait 8 weeks to have my V5 sent back to me unamended........

Thanks !
Please be clear about asking for help with TFL or CAZ [ which is operated by DVLA ] as these are very different.

I didn't send original docs, I still have them. I just took pics and emailed these.

I've had a much better experience. Porsche sent me the CoC in a couple of weeks, I lodged it and the V5 on the TfL website and a couple of weeks later I checked on their website to find my 996.1 C4 is now "100% discount", ie compliant. And a couple of weeks later, DVLA sent back my V5 updated with the emissions data (0.035 as regards NOx). I guess I've used up my luck for this year!

Just to update on this....... I finally got round to uploading the V5 and CoC onto the TFL website last week. Within 24hrs I had an email back from them saying my C2 was now 100% exempt. Yay ! Then another saying my GT3 didn't comply. Huh ?
I re-submitted the GT3 CoC with a cover note explaining that they must have been looking at the wrong figure on the CoC as it is clearly below the NOx limit. Within 24hrs another email back from them saying it was now compliant. Double yay !
Will be interested to see if I get updated V5s........ Do TFL inform DVLC ?

Will be interested to see if I get updated V5s........ Do TFL inform DVLC ?
unlikely as your exemption is just for your car, dvla covers all the models

My Father lives just inside the zone in Enfield, near the M25. I thought, oh well, thats it, can't visit him in the 996 Turbo.....a few weeks later....doh!
Totally forgot popped up to see him, got reminded by father and thought oh *****...anyway a few weeks later and no fine, I logged on and checked my number plate, low and behold ,"Exempt"🤔

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back