Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres - when to change

chowgar said:
https://www.mytyres.co.uk/search?pr...es=OFF&width=295&profile=30&size=19&season=so

That's all I could find in stock and it seems you're correct in that this size is running low in stock everywhere, hence the price increase too. I've usually seen these at £250 each and now they're up to £300.

Does this mean the 5S is on it's way to replace the 4S? Asda tyres have the 4S in 305/30/19 but is that too wide a tyre for a C2S wheel?

I'm in need of new tyres pretty soon so weighing up what to do.

I've been looking everywhere for a pair of 295/30 PS4S rears in the last week, definitely a big shortage of them.

Key question is if they are unavailable, what's the next best option?

Swift moves there!

I've been lucky enough to have had quite a few cars through my hands over the last 4 years and nearly all have had different tyres.

Bridgestone Potenza's were on a 997.2 turbo I bought. Didn't think they were too bad until I put the car on the track at Donnington. Within 1 lap, yes just one lap, they went off. They just wouldn't grip, turned into the 1st corner on start of second lap and they just slid across the corner, no grip at all it was like there was oil on the track.

Pirelli P Zero's, had these on two cars. First thing I noticed was the tyre noise, didn't realise how bad it was until I fitted Michelins then the car was a lot quieter.
Secondly on a 991.2 I bought that had P zeros' as well and when I reversed the car they juddered, as if the diff was tight. it was really worrying as I thought diff was buggered. Changed to Michelin and problem solved. Also noticed once again that the noise in the cabin was greatly reduced, this wasn't just me but my partner noticed it was well as she'd always said that the car was noisy inside.

Moral of the story, fit Michelin's. There is a shortage of Michelin's at present, I can get rears for my car but not fronts.
I have a pair of 245/35/R20 Michelin PS4S that have done 1500 mls and are undamaged, cost £225 each new will sell for £150 each or £300 for the two. They are date stamped 39/21.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back