Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressure monitors

Slayer

Estoril
Never realised how sensitive/ reliable TPMS are!

Warning came on last week, Had a nail in the passenger rear tyre. Today another little warning, reset the system but thought just check it out.. there you go another one in the front passenger one. So 2 tyres in 2 weeks. They were new tyres but not repairable ended up replacing

I think I would not have picked it up without the sensors as the tyres looked okay looking at them.

Yes, TPMS is a great job for slow leaks.
Only ever had one screw in a Porsche tyre and it picked it up no problem.
Have had numerous slow nail and screw leaks on other VW and Honda cars, and the TPMS has always been excellent. Some I have found immediately. Others, I have put down to misbehaviour and have reinflated the tyre, yet the warning returned. Visit to a garage and the smallest nail ever found in the tyre.
So super systems, and really perform as intended.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back