Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo or turbo S for daily driver

Icecarvingman

Hi all
I will be looking to purchase a 991 turbo within the next month but
Am unsure of wether a turbo with full spec or a turbo S would make
The best as a daily driver (10k miles a year). The carbon brakes are the
Main concern particularly the large replacement cost and the general
Fragility, I have a gravel drive ! And the car will be 6 ish years old
Any views appreciated

You can buy either of these cars blindfolded. SWMBO has run one for 3 years and completely faultless. She did get a chip on brake disc and I believe they can be refurbed nowadays? £5k replacement per disc :eek:

I'd choose a Turbo S as it's got most of the toys in board. 991.1 Turbo S are the current all round Supercar bargain in my book.

I've give up the GT3 dream for now (don't want a 991.1 and the 991.2 looks expensive used compared to the list price of the new 992), so I've been looking at these a lot.

For the price difference I'd go with the S. I'd want ceramic brakes on a car that quick.

I have to disagree with FZP though. The R8 V10 plus is the bargain super car at the moment.

The ceramics do help with unsprung mass. They also make a difference to braking performance but only when up to temp. First thing when cold ceramics can be quite pathetic. Overall better to have ceramics than not have IMO driving both back to back.

Go for the S as the used price difference is marginal and you get so much more for your money. The carbon brakes and calipers are simply out of this world too. I also agree they are the bargain supercar of the moment, over an above the pretty much anything else.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back