Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 6: 03 Jul 16 8pm BBC2

No mention of the MGB...? I'll have mine in a GT (Tin Top) please... cracking car. ;)

SIRPC used to be so much better with just one guest and without the crappy rally stage IMO. CE and his long drawn out wittering just makes me want to turn off. A quick chat, a quick blat (around the track) is all that's needed.

For me, the show totally lacks the humour and banter of JC, RH & JM which is really where the magic happened. I used to love a good belly laugh while watching... :grin:

C.

Agree with others that Evans should go, E J just never looked comfortable in any of the situations he was put into, which is a shame as he has one of the best in depth knowledge's of F1 and they should have exploited that.
I've really grown to like Chris Harris and he's a pretty rapid driver as well, his Hoonigan video on You Tube is brilliant.
Sabine is easy on the eye but no presenter I'm afraid but if she'd like to come and argue the point with me I'm available any time for an in depth discussion!
Can't believe they gave Evans such a long contract to do the show before seeing how he was received in the first few programmes but then Evans seems to have the BBC wrapped round his finger.
Just goes to show how well the other three 'jell'd' still miss their inane banter.

easternjets said:
Agree with others that Evans should go.

He just announced that he is leaving...

Okay the ginger one has left so who are we going to get next?
Will Matt L Blanc be the new host, don't think he will take it on full time in case something film wise comes up for him.
James Martin
David Coulthard
Jason Plato
Mike Brewer

Any others?

easternjets said:
Will Matt L Blanc be the new host, don't think he will take it on full time in case something film wise comes up for him.
James Martin
David Coulthard
Jason Plato
Mike Brewer

Any others?

James Martin - too wooden
David Coulthard - too wooden
Jason Plato - good choice
Mike Brewer - "'old out yer 'and...."

easternjets said:
James Martin
David Coulthard
Jason Plato
Mike Brewer

Any others?

Given the positive response to Extra Gear, I am expecting Matt, Chris Harris and Rory to be the studio crew with occasional appearances by Sabine and Eddie. No need for anyone new IMHO - given a little more time they have everything that they need.

I think that Evans has been very grown up in stepping back - his "all about me" style is much better suited to TFI Friday type shows and isn't a good fit with an ensemble cast IMHO. Good to see him accept that it wasn't gelling.

Well that's one way to get him off TopGear, a trumped up historic sex allegation is enough for the BBC to get rid of anyone - screams leaving by mutual agreement to me

Get rid of the dribble in the middle and it might be watchable again

Thank gawd for that small mercy....I couldn't bear his hyperactive, squeaky
voice at the best of times, but he really was a square peg in a round hole.
Nevertheless.... I give him top marks for stepping aside so quickly.

Sabine and the annoying Leprechaun need to go too...them it's sorted. Boy, I
really need to get my paws on an 'R'... :thumb:

So so sad :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back