Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TESLA CYBERTRUCK out drags Porsche..!!!

Luddite

Indianapolis
Watched BBC`s World Business Report this morning and caught an item on the US launch of the new Tesla Cybertruck... and yes, as per the thread title , the Cybertruck apparently out dragged a Porsche on the drag strip.... At the time of the race, the Cybertruck was towing a trailer with a Porsche mounted on it.... Interesting..? 😱

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's compare the ring times.

I suspect perhaps a better time than Clarkson managed in a Transit van..? :LOL:

Just tripped over the launch vid, if you beam in at 15:59 and turn the sound down to avoid all the usual screaming and whooping fan boys and girls, you can judge for yourself as to whether the Porsche had performance issues of one kind or another...? :)

Am never quite sure about the conditions under which these comparison videos are made.
I still remember the bulletproof glass on this vehicle which wasn't bulletproof at all.
So setting the performance (in a straight line) aspect aside, in my eyes anyway, the Cybertruck is one hideous beast that sets automotive design back by at least 50 years. o_O
Emperor's new clothes on steroids. 🫣

Last edited:
WHAT...! You mean that those trying to sell you an idea may on occasion be...err...what`s that prhase again...? Err, economic with the truth... :ROFLMAO:

Ah yes - the 'bullet resistant' car that also fails safety tests except in Elon's MAGA world. Which will last longer, artist formally known as Twitter or Cybertruck - who knows?

I couldn't give less of a ***** if I tried, everyone knows that electric cars can be fast - it's a bit of a one trick pony.

He called on chief designer Franz von Holzhausen to throw a baseball at the vehicle’s windows [my insertion: with a very limp wrist].

Franz, bless him, started his career designing the 1997 'Beetle' following an internship in his dad's 'design' business. Looking at that and the cars he went on to design I can't help questioning Musk's judgement - but then again, I can't build a rocket...

:ROFLMAO:

Who cares? they are all milk floats!

It will be a little while before one sets a Nurburgring time I suspect- the driver needs a lorry licence to drive it due to its weight and crash test regs mean it can’t be sold here, and the North American model won’t play nicely with chargers in Europe.

I also suspect that in todays climate it would also be almost as much to insure as it is to buy, given the unpainted stainless steel body panels.

The Tesla build quality is dog *****. That Porsche will outlive the Tesla by 50 years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back