Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tab automotive?

diddy_p

Montreal
Hi!

Has anyone here used Chris Talabi of Tab Automotive to do any work on their Porsche? He trained at Jaz and worked there for several years and has since gone independent as a mobile mechanic. He has access to ramps for more complicated jobs and was thinking of using him to address some leaks on my 993 engine, and perhaps ongoing maintenance of the 993 as he'd be able to do a number of routine jobs on my driveway (e.g., brakes when needed at some point).

He came around, looked at the car and seemed competent and definitely knowledgeable. I also recall seeing him at Jaz several years back (I'm fairly sure that he worked on my car back in the day).

He has positive reviews on the web but from what I see they're from non Porsche owners, hence the ask here. His insta shows he is somewhat a petrol head which is good I suppose!

Thanks!

https://www.tabautomotive.com/

Insta: https://instagram.com/tabautomotive

Hey all, a quick shout out and update.

I commissioned Chris Talabi to change out my timing chest gaskets, seals etc to stop some oil leaks. One week on and my garage is drip free.

His communication is spot on, prices reasonable and is highly knowledgeable on the 993. While the car was with him he performed a number of checks, was extremely thorough (lots of pics, videos, descriptions etc) and recommended a number of other jobs that could be done, ordered in terms of priority - fortunately nothing was considered urgent.

I recommend Chris/Tab Automotive highly for anyone wanting an alternative to the usual Indies, being a mobile mechanic, he can come to you and diagnose faults, etc and recommend next steps.

As mentioned previously, he has access to ramps and workshop facilities where a job requires these.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back