Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

suspension fault code 0144

pabr639

Hi I have a 2004 cayenne , The suspension workshop warning is on.

Code 0144 damping adjustment valve n/s rear left

I have replaced the valve but still the same fault. the suspension seems to be all working fine.

Any help please

Paul

I suppose the next suspect would be the wiring to the little hinged height sensor. Look for obvious damage or breaks, measure resistance/continuity, compared to the working side.

Hi Thanks for that, I am suspecting a dry joint in the module, but the wiring needs to be verified first , a wiring diagram would be helpful so I could identify the pin out on the suspension module. so then I can check the wiring integrity.

Thanks Paul

does this board look normal?

Attachments

• thumbnail_185.jpg
    thumbnail_185.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 639
As nasty as that looks, aren't these modules mounted vertically, so any leaky capacitors would leak down, not around?

I've seen similar brown flux residue on other modules before and they were still working. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of any bulging capacitors in the middle of the brown splodges.

It can be gently cleaned off with alcohol and say, a cotton bud.

You could try a second hand module by part number and if it doesn't work, punt it on.

HI, If I put a secondhand one in , do they have to be coded?(programmed in)?

Paul

It is a 2004 Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the suspension system?/. I would like to find the pin numbers on this module so I can do some tests please

Looks to me to be perfectly normal for a PCB. Those 'stains', I think you will find are varnish which is applied to the crystals (silver eliptical things) to stop them vibrating and damaging the mounting legs.

Fault 144 Damping adjustment valve rear left

Fault 144 Damping adjustment valve rear left, I have changed the valve and inspected the pcb board, The board was checked by a guy who repairs boards and he cannot find any problem with the board. Is there a sensor on the strut as well as a level sensor, I am not sure where to go next,

any help please

I would start by having a good look at the level sensor on the affected strut .. i've seen plenty of these with corroded pins .

This is the item that tells the CU the actual height of that strut.

The board is fine and that's normal from the image .

An overview is below ..

Attachments

• tinytake08_05_2023_07_09_26_137.jpg
    tinytake08_05_2023_07_09_26_137.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 427
  • cayenne_1_162.jpg
    cayenne_1_162.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 427
Thank you very much for the help, The wiring diagrams are very helpful, Jus an update, I am hoping I have found the problem , A broken wire/wires from the strut. I am going to the breakers in the morning to get the short loom. I will let you know if we have a fix.

Many thanks, I am so grateful to you for the help.

Paul

Attachments

• wire_676.jpg
    wire_676.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 414
All fixed. It was the broken wire

Many thanks

Just the number plates to sort now :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members