Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof advice please - RESOLVED!

Mac68

Nurburgring
My sunroof has developed an issue and I wonder if people wcould offer some advice on how to trouble shoot the issue please?

The issue with the sunroof is that it will only open in popup mode, where the rear of the sunroof pops up. The sunroof no longer slides open either fully or partially.

I dont know if it's a switch issue or motor issue, any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mac

EDIT:
Not 100% what solved it but I found there's "reset" for the the two positions in the sunroof.
I tried the popup reset but couldn't reset the slide back as the sunroof didn't slide back.

I then popped the panel off, where the sunroof switch is, and whilst it was dangling down the switch started to work again.
I could then perform the reset and it sunroof was fully working, sliding back and forward fully.
I also disconnected the switch and re-seated it and I cleaned the rails as there was slightly too much grease in there.

I put the panel back and it's still OK.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back