Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel upgrade from 997.1 to 997.2 mf

aj007uk

A bit of a tricky one I've had a steering wheel upgrade from my original 997 turbo gen1 to 997 Gen 2 wheel.
The guys have got the wheel on and coded but it's slight off centre when I'm driving maybe about 20 degrees to the right. I'm not sure what to do either do an alignment where the alignment was perfect before or to reset the steering wheel maybe 1 spline not sure if the centre line was drawn but they had to take out the clock spring I guess to change the module
Any help/advice appreciated please as I'm. It sure what's the best option as not sure if an alignment would solve it as the spline probably has a certain number of turns and therefore it could cause problems with the wheel turning or maybe not ?

If you have paid for a service (i.e. fitting) then I would take it back and tell them to put it right! IMHO it just needs the wheel re-fitting.

Good luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back