Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed yellow aero 996.1 for auction on car and classic

I saw that car also, a bit surprised at the price. But as I have one happy to see the prices climbing on the gen 1 aero cars :thumbs:

NedHan79 said:
Last yellow car I saw was about 6/8 weeks ago. Same spec and miles. Advertised for £30k and sold. No idea on sale price but it did sell and is over here in N.I as far as I know.

I'd rather have a 997 2s but the desirable spec on this seems to be gathering pace as far as prices go. I'm glad as mines the same :D

It's good to see prices rise when your on the band wagon but not so nice if your trying to get on. I personally only bought my 996 as I hadn't the cash for a 997 which was and probably still would be where I'd like to be.

If, down the line, my 996 would demand enough cash to buy me a nice 997 2s, would I change? I don't know because I just have so much work in my car to sell it.

The Aeros definitely have the edge when it comes to the wow factor, for me anyway. Which is why I gave the price of a nice non aero at the time, for my car that had a damaged history and ended up needing a lot of work.

Be hard to turn my nose up at a 997 though.

NedHan79 said:
The Aeros definitely have the edge when it comes to the wow factor, for me anyway. Which is why I gave the price of a nice non aero at the time, for my car that had a damaged history and ended up needing a lot of work...

I know someone selling a FULL mk1 Aero kit :dont know: :grin:

Give me a bell before I eBay it all :thumb:

NedHan79 said:
I think the kit should make good money. Definitely desirable

Last one I saw was on Facebook marketplace for £2500. If you pay someone for fitting and painting that'll be £5000 all in. Is that the difference between aero and non aero? Probably not far off, especially at the top end.

Griffter said:
NedHan79 said:
I think the kit should make good money. Definitely desirable

Last one I saw was on Facebook marketplace for £2500. If you pay someone for fitting and painting that'll be £5000 all in. Is that the difference between aero and non aero? Probably not far off, especially at the top end.

Pros and cons
The downside is obviously the cost but on the plus side, you'd ultimately get a cleaner car to start with as the sills and bottom of the arches are open for all to see.

Would a non genuine aero car fitted with genuine parts be worth as much as a factory fitted car?
It would to me especially if I was the one doing it. But I'd be sure to have detailed pictures of the process for future reference.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back