Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Specking a 4s advice please

Jason Taylor

Montreal
Hi guys

I am a longtime 911 owner, 4 to date, these have all been weekend cars, I currently have a modified 997 turbo which is awesome and I'd never sell it. I ordered and took delivery of a Ford Ranger wildcat for work, for no other reason than it's not subject to bik tax and it was the only thing available at relatively short notice. I have an opportunity to pass this onto a colleague and order another vehicle. I visited my opc at the weekend and was taken with the Taycan 4s, I've messed about with the configurator to the point where I'm happy with the spend and spec. I just wondered if there was a must have option (I'm going with the extra battery pack, glass roof, sports chrono, bigger wheels and a styling package amongst a few other things)

Thanks

Hi Jason

i just took receipt of a sport turismo 2WD, absolutely loving it

I went with the glass roof & rails, BOSE, red seat belts, sports chrono, larger wheels refinished by the OPC to match the GTS satin black colour, folding mirrors.

the default styling package on the sport turismo looks great (mine is crayon with black plastics)

the extra media screen is a waste of time in my opinion. if range and some added oof is of interest then the extra battery would be a good call. I didnt bother with that as i don't believe in the 2WD it adds performance, only range.

i cant actually think of much i think i'm missing at all, my 911 has deviated stitching in red and porsche headrests etc but the interior looks fantastic by default. hard back seats are default too so kids cant do too much damage.

I'd never even test driven it before speccing and ordering, but i'm loving it.

Russ

slackster said:
Hi Jason

i just took receipt of a sport turismo 2WD, absolutely loving it

I went with the glass roof & rails, BOSE, red seat belts, sports chrono, larger wheels refinished by the OPC to match the GTS satin black colour, folding mirrors.

the default styling package on the sport turismo looks great (mine is crayon with black plastics)

the extra media screen is a waste of time in my opinion. if range and some added oof is of interest then the extra battery would be a good call. I didnt bother with that as i don't believe in the 2WD it adds performance, only range.

I test drove a grand turismo on Sunday, great car, we ordered the saloon, there's pretty much me and the wife now with my daughters at university so will be plenty of space and practicality for us with the couple of extra seats only being used when they're home. I went with the spec I mentioned earlier and placed the order, 9 months lead time with a bit of luck, out of interest what lead time were you quoted?

i cant actually think of much i think i'm missing at all, my 911 has deviated stitching in red and porsche headrests etc but the interior looks fantastic by default. hard back seats are default too so kids cant do too much damage.

I'd never even test driven it before speccing and ordering, but i'm loving it.

Russ

I was quoted 12 months back last May when I ordered but it arrived in 6!

Morning!

I've had my 4s CT for around 14 months now and still adore it!

I went silly with the spec list - already had a list as long as your arm but then made the fatal error of popping in to see one in the showroom which was ice grey with monochrome touches so set about altering and costing myself another £5k! So side stickers, matt black wheels, black badge on boot - change parts of the off road pack for painted etc etc.

I got the glass roof - and tinted rear glass which i always like. Best touch is the heated steering wheel though - it even warms the wheel through the app! :D

Burmeister was a big expense but I never heard either that or the bose - there werent any about when i ordered so figured go big or go home!

I got a decent boot liner/cover thing from titan covers and its great to protect when the dogs are in and out but also skip runs.

Not sure if it was an upgrade but the headlights are great and kind of keep main beam as well as reduce for others glare - i had a similar thing on the X5M but this works loads better.

Extra screen is pointless - I have never seen a situation where i think it would have been handy.

Nice to see a few posts appearing on the forum.

I have a CT4S on order and enjoyed myself on the configurator. As always, I went a bit further than I intended but, it's definitely the car I want now lol.

I debated whether to add the passenger screen and eventually went for it. My wife and daughters will use it when in the front but I really didn't like the shiny black plastic look of the alternative anyway.

The car has been built and I'm waiting on delivery - just over a year since placing my order so not too bad all things considered.

We're all different and one owner's must haves can be another's waste of money but here's a few thoughts:

1. Matrix lights - they're very clever and worth the extra.
2. Panoramic roof - if you go for a dark interior, this option brings welcome airiness inside.
3. Sports chrono - the button on the steering wheel is useful for effortlessly changing ride modes.
4. Heated steering wheel - yep, go for it.
5. B pillar lower trim - the standard plastic doesn't look good and it scratches easily. The demo I had looked awful and had less than a thousand miles on it.
6. Rear Axle Steering - appears to be a good option especially for low speed manoeuvring. It's a long and wide car.
7. Park Assist with surround view (See 6.).

It goes on and on to be honest and, in true Porsche fashion, you'll find yourself believing you need the lot! Only advice I can give is to get onto the Taycan forums where there's tons of useful info and, get out in a demo for as long as you can. Ask what options it has fitted etc and see what they actually do.

The experience day at Silverstone allowed me to really get a better understanding of what certain options did and how valuable they were to me or not. Definitely take the time to go once the invite arrives. It's a good day out, lots of fun and informative.

Attachments

• f868ff8c_3b93_4162_ac93_9924b585ebfc_117.jpeg
    f868ff8c_3b93_4162_ac93_9924b585ebfc_117.jpeg
    930.7 KB · Views: 639
  • b6333e1e_401e_4b4f_83d9_409515bb841b_127.jpeg
    b6333e1e_401e_4b4f_83d9_409515bb841b_127.jpeg
    973.5 KB · Views: 639
FRZ 911 said:
Nice to see a few posts appearing on the forum.

I have a CT4S on order and enjoyed myself on the configurator. As always, I went a bit further than I intended but, it's definitely the car I want now lol.

I debated whether to add the passenger screen and eventually went for it. My wife and daughters will use it when in the front but I really didn't like the shiny black plastic look of the alternative anyway.

The car has been built and I'm waiting on delivery - just over a year since placing my order so not too bad all things considered.

We're all different and one owner's must haves can be another's waste of money but here's a few thoughts:

1. Matrix lights - they're very clever and worth the extra.
2. Panoramic roof - if you go for a dark interior, this option brings welcome airiness inside.
3. Sports chrono - the button on the steering wheel is useful for effortlessly changing ride modes.
4. Heated steering wheel - yep, go for it.
5. B pillar lower trim - the standard plastic doesn't look good and it scratches easily. The demo I had looked awful and had less than a thousand miles on it.
6. Rear Axle Steering - appears to be a good option especially for low speed manoeuvring. It's a long and wide car.
7. Park Assist with surround view (See 6.).

It goes on and on to be honest and, in true Porsche fashion, you'll find yourself believing you need the lot! Only advice I can give is to get onto the Taycan forums where there's tons of useful info and, get out in a demo for as long as you can. Ask what options it has fitted etc and see what they actually do.

The experience day at Silverstone allowed me to really get a better understanding of what certain options did and how valuable they were to me or not. Definitely take the time to go once the invite arrives. It's a good day out, lots of fun and informative.

Noooooo9 qu8ck get rid of the chrome window surround lol

Just kidding, great advice.

It's white protective tape - honest! 😉😁

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back