Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RPM CSr examples

rob_p said:
Not rpm technik but here is my car - "RS inspired" I guess you might call it....

IMG_20160424_142548510_zpszfxzsvjr.jpg

Ducktail was from design911, wheels from Germany via eBay.

I love the look of these old skool wheels on a 997 :grin:

Cheib said:
Tempted to get some of "CSr" modifications done to my manual GTS when its warranty expires in 18 months...lightweight flywheel really interests me.

Great idea, a manual GTS is probably the ultimate 997 Carrera platform for performance mods and RPM would do a brilliant job I'm sure.

tims1959 said:
ELA said:
tims1959, that is a lovely car you have there.

Thanks! I've followed your 996 Leichtbau thread and I really admire it and the CLR concept, not to mention your lovely RS, so I appreciate that compliment. :thumbs:

ELA said:
Do you remember noticing any difference when swapping over to the Oz wheels?

Yes a big difference, more so on bumpy/uneven roads. With the lighter wheels (and then later on brakes as well) the steering felt nimbler and ride less crashy over bumps.

Of course I don't know how much of that improvement was just my imagination, unconsciously justifying all the time and money spent. :grin:

ELA said:
Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks again, and I wish you all the best!

Thanks Tim :thumb:
Once my 996 is finished I would love to have a 997C4S to carry out the same CLR conversion. I am fully confident that I could trim 300kg+ away from one. It would be an absolute weapon when finished.

I should have my wheels, exhaust and seats arriving in the, hopefully not too distant future. These will see my car over the -200kg barrier (with still around 66kg to go). Can't wait to drive the bloody thing again :grin:

Nimrod, thanks.

Flywheel is Aasco (106417-11), and I did use a sprung clutch plate, Sachs 881861.999856, also a new pressure plate (Sachs 883082.000884).

I bought the clutch parts myself but Hartech were happy to fit them as part of the rebuild.

Barry Hart told me they used locally-manufactured flywheels on their own racing cars but the Aasco ones were fine but don't rely on them being accurately balanced out of the box, so they got the flywheel and pressure plate assembly dynamically balanced before they fitted it.

I also had Carrillo conrods fitted, Hartech supplied those. Stronger and about 1Kg lighter than OE.

That was two years and 10,000 miles ago, nothing's fallen off yet, and it works brilliantly.

Lightweight flywheel is one of the best mods you can do for a manual 996 or 997 if you want sharper and more responsive, but no good if you want quiet and relaxing. So no going back for me, but it's not for everyone.

It does rattle and chatter when idling and it's noisy below 2000rpm. None of that's ever really bothered me, with RSS engine mounts, Function First transmission mount inserts and a loud exhaust the car wasn't exactly quiet before.

Hartech are great, they did a fantastic job for me and I recommend them 100%. Same goes for Center Gravity, who have transformed/sharpened the handling for me in stages over the years. Both top outfits and real experts at what they do.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but are these Sachs part numbers for a C4S or C2S? I have a C2S.

sprung clutch plate, Sachs 881861.999856, also a new pressure plate Sachs 883082.000884

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but are these Sachs part numbers for a C4S or C2S? I have a C2S.

sprung clutch plate, Sachs 881861.999856, also a new pressure plate Sachs 883082.000884

Thanks
Sorry, Ive just seen this.
My car's a C2S, so yes, these Sachs part numbers are definitely correct for a C2S. In my experience the sprung clutch friction plate (Sachs 881861.999856) works perfectly with a lightweight flywheel, and the OE Porsche pressure plate (which is also made by Sachs I believe) works just as well as the Sachs 883082.000884 pressure plate.
I hope that helps.

Sorry, Ive just seen this.
My car's a C2S, so yes, these Sachs part numbers are definitely correct for a C2S. In my experience the sprung clutch friction plate (Sachs 881861.999856) works perfectly with a lightweight flywheel, and the OE Porsche pressure plate (which is also made by Sachs I believe) works just as well as the Sachs 883082.000884 pressure plate.
I hope that helps.

I am about to order the friction plate and pressure plate from Sachs in Germany (as part numbers above), I have also been told I will need the release bearing. Do I just ask for the standard release bearing for my car? The flywheel I am going for the TTV.

I am about to order the friction plate and pressure plate from Sachs in Germany (as part numbers above), I have also been told I will need the release bearing. Do I just ask for the standard release bearing for my car? The flywheel I am going for the TTV.
Yes, I had a new standard clutch release bearing fitted, works perfectly.

Incase anyone reading now or in the future, the part number I found for the release bearing is 043151.000394

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back