Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RPM CSr examples

a1butch

Trainee
With GTS prices 60k upwards and GT3 80+ the RPM conversion looks like a good option if 10-15k above base car.
Has anybody gone for the conversion or options? I quite like the exterior mods and some of the mechanicals seem worthwhile.
Guards red with black GTS style wheels, turbo front end and Ducktail. Hmmm.
I've put through a query on their website so should see a response early next year.

Can't remember his username but Mel on here has the csr work on his 997

I've had quote from RPM for my 996 C4S and agreed on what we're doing. Be done in stages with stage 1 likely March and it'll be new suspension and fuchs.

They did IMS for last owner then last service and boroscope for me when buying last month, great service from Craig who's workshop manager and very helpful.

Mechanically, they are interesting, but aesthetically they dont work for me. Theres too many styles involved. Just my opinion of course.

CarreraMonkey said:
Mechanically, they are interesting, but aesthetically they dont work for me. Theres too many styles involved. Just my opinion of course.

i'm with monkey bit of a mismatch of styles - turbo bumper with fuchs and ducktail, but still nice to be different

a1butch said:
With GTS prices 60k upwards and GT3 80+ the RPM conversion looks like a good option if 10-15k above base car.
Has anybody gone for the conversion or options? I quite like the exterior mods and some of the mechanicals seem worthwhile.
I've put through a query on their website so should see a response early next year.

I was thinking the same last when I thought about a 997 carrera 2S as a daily.

mine is pretty much a CSR just without the ducktail. All the mechanicals are as per CSR.... I just happen to have two turbos on my version :D

I like the original 997 with the HRE wheels which inspired me to mod the turbo.

a1butch said:

I popped up on the motorbike and had a very preliminary chat with one of their sales guys about making some changes to my C4S. They were going to have their technical guy call me back but not happened yet, only been 7-8........weeks!

Not urgent though as just looking into it. I think their car looks awesome.

Not rpm technik but here is my car - "RS inspired" I guess you might call it....

IMG_20160424_142548510_zpszfxzsvjr.jpg

Ducktail was from design911, wheels from Germany via eBay.

And another one...

IMG_20160501_161229957_zpsrrskurgw.jpg

Happy Christmas all!

Well my Carrera S has not had any work done by RPM, but it sort of looks the part. It has the RPM ducktail and OZ Alleggerita wheels as RPM once fitted on their CSR. The engine has X51 powerkit, Carrillo conrods and lightweight flywheel (thanks to Hartech), and Frankenstein exhaust (Kline inconel manifolds, Cargraphic cats, Tubi sliencers)

I've done a shedload of other modifications (helped a lot by Center Gravity) and by a combination of swapping and removing lots of parts I've made it about 165Kg lighter than when it left the factory.

All with a view to making it a lot sharper, a bit stronger, and more joyful to drive. But it's no CSR, just a modified Carrera S.

Attachments

• 9974_429.jpg
    9974_429.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 7,104
  • 9972_331.jpg
    9972_331.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7,099
  • 9973_101.jpg
    9973_101.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 7,095
  • 9971_141.jpg
    9971_141.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7,101
I must admit I love the look of a ducktail, especially on the 997. I'm still debating on what to get for my second Porsche experience and a RPM 997 CSR is definitely under consideration, especially given the increased front spoiler variations now available.

The thing that stops me is that I've always believed that modifications equal burning £20 notes when it comes to resale time.... then again, if the idea is to build something a bit different and bespoke'sh with the idea of keeping it for a while perhaps that isn't such a worry.

If someone was to advertise a RPM 997 CSR in the classifieds how would folks view it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back