Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reverse Lights Not Working

Ascari1

I recently brought a 996 3.4 C2 and noticed that my reverse lights weren't working.

I've popped the clusters out and changed the bulbs, but they still don;t work. All other lights in the clusters work, wiring looks ok, makes me think its a sender somewhere that's not sending a signal when I engage reverse.

Any ideas as to where to start looking?

Thanks in advance

Probably the reverse switch on top of the gearbox. Cheap part but fiddly to undo if it has corroded in.

Mine crumbled during removal years ago leaving a hole that that spewed oil on the move! Plugged with metal putty and now have a manual override switch for the lights which I’ll sort next time the gearbox needs to be removed. Luckily that hasn’t been required for the past 5 years.

interestingly reverse lights aren’t required for an MOT on my MY2000 car.

If its a manual, as above. If you have reversing sensors, they wont work either.

I recently brought a 996 3.4 C2 and noticed that my reverse lights weren't working.

I've popped the clusters out and changed the bulbs, but they still don;t work. All other lights in the clusters work, wiring looks ok, makes me think its a sender somewhere that's not sending a signal when I engage reverse.

Any ideas as to where to start looking?

Thanks in advance
1706377139219.png

Also worthy of note is that when you search for the switch with the part number 99660610301, you can see the same Hella switch is used in Opels / Vauxhalls as well. I think I paid maybe 20€ for mine some years ago, where as the Porsche price would have been 60-80€.

Always good to know what common parts can be found at a discount. My switch went 3 years ago. It was £27 from Porsche.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back