Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrospective fitting of folding mirrors

Bompey

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to retrospectively fit folding door mirrors to a 991.2 GTS? I've seen one I want to buy and the spec is perfect but for the lack of folding mirrors. If it is possible any idea of the cost?

Thanks

I assume you after electric folding? Would be a shame to lose the sport design mirrors just for electric folding. And they don't stick out beyond the width of the rear arches anyway :dont know:

If the 991.2 GTS has Sport Design mirrors, then you would have to fit standard electrically folding mirrors. I am sure it would be possible, but pretty costly. That said, the Sport Design mirrors are sought after, so you could certainly offset some of the cost.

Bompey said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to retrospectively fit folding door mirrors to a 991.2 GTS? I've seen one I want to buy and the spec is perfect but for the lack of folding mirrors. If it is possible any idea of the cost?

Thanks

Definitely doable but doubt it's easy.

There's a company in Germany called Kufatec that do lots of retrofits with genuine parts, as luck would have if they have an offer on if you can get your car to them near Hamburg as they need a test vehicle to help them write their instructions.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/porsche/...terior-mirrors-for-porsche-911-type-991-44762

Maybe Cartronics in Surrey or Sextons in London could do something for you?

I was tempted to get the Homelink retrofit done when Kufatec had a similar offer for Homelink. It would have been a nice drive over too, sadly so,done beat me to it and I missed out on their installation offer for the reduced cost installation!

Thanks for replies so far. Yes I wanted electric folding mirrors but didn't realise the only option was to revert to the standard model. Shame.
I have a tight garage door entrance so really do need them to fold.
Thanks

Are you sure that the non-electric mirrors on your possible intended do not fold manually? The 991.2 that I bought recently has manually folding mirrors, admittedly not as convenient as the the electric ones fitted to my previous 991.1. By the way, I had no idea that the mirrors on the 991.2 could be folded manually until demonstrated by the sales guy at the OPC.

Bompey said:
Thanks for replies so far. Yes I wanted electric folding mirrors but didn't realise the only option was to revert to the standard model. Shame.
Thanks

The Sport Design mirrors do fold manually and you could fold the drivers side easily from within the car.

FYI - Width with both mirrors extended 1,978mm, folded 1,852mm

TonyC911 said:
Bompey said:
Thanks

The Sport Design mirrors do fold manually and you could fold the drivers side easily from within the car.

FYI - Width with both mirrors extended 1,978mm, folded 1,852mm

@Bompey - probably worth using the dimensions @TonyC911 provided to see if just folding the drivers mirror manually would suffice?

Otherwise, if you can't find anywhere else to retrofit locally, or hold out for a car with the electric fold option, a nice road-trip over to Kufatec in Germany would definitely be the next best solution 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back