Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement PCM 2.1 Coding

moa

Hi,

My PCM 2.1 packed in. Dead to turn on. After weighting up the options, getting it repaired, changing to aftermarket unit as so on. I plumped for getting a 2nd hand working unit, which is on it's way.

I've got the Bose setup in my car, and I'm not confident that it will work out the Bose when I swap it in. I' just need to wait and see.

Has anyone any experience in installed a replacement head unit? Will it need coding? Is this something that can be done with laptop ODB2 and software, or is this a take to Porsche dealer to be coded?

Even if i need to take to dealer to code. I'll just need to take the hit on that because repair and aftermarket didnt work for me.

But I was hoping there would be someway to code it if needed, like I can do on my old bwm with the right software...

PCM2.1

I swapped out the original CDR 24 for PCM 2.1. It didn't need recoding so I would imagine a straight forward replacement would't need it either.
When I removed the CD multi changer unit, the PCM display comes up with the warning (push a button and it goes away) or I could spend the money and have a computer tell it no longer is there.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will.i.am911
Back