Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement battery

Andrewp

Hi guys..

Question please.

Ive recently purchased a 991.2 Turbo S. It has the original battery it left the factory with. Ive been having a few issues with it so its time to go..which is fine. My question please is a factory battery ''better'' than an aftermarket option. Weight has nothing to do with my choice..Longevity definitely does. I do have a battery conditioner and its not subjected to temperature as you guy are over there.

Thank you for your time taken to reply.

Look on the Design911site for an idea of battery types. The 'factory' battery is a Banner Running Bull but rebranded for Porsche and then double the price of the standard Banner. 🙄

Running a warranty? Be prepared to get fleeced at £400+ to supply and fit a 'Porsche' battery and "code" to the vehicle. Lots of information online about coding and the ability of the vehicle to self learn if not coded. Plus any Indy can code a bettery using PIWIS or similar diagnostic devices.

My 991.1 GT3 Battery was £550 fitted by OPC. Had to buy their one due to warranty, and car was recovered to them as died completely, but I'm sure there are better batteries available for less. As mentioned this might need to be coded so for the sake of £100 or so, might be easiest to get the OPC to do it.

PORSCHE batteries are made by Varta and Bosch

Just need the one with the right amps

Thank you for the reply. Dealer has sourced a Super Charge Battery [not sure if that brand is available in the UK} He is aware it needs to have start/stop. Im not sure about the amps side of things but will definitely check.

Thanking you.

Thank you for the reply. Dealer has sourced a Super Charge Battery [not sure if that brand is available in the UK} He is aware it needs to have start/stop. Im not sure about the amps side of things but will definitely check.

Thanking you.
that would be an AGM spec battery

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back