Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement Battery Specification

Steve997

Spa-Francorchamps
I need to replace a battery on a 981 Cayman GT4.

The OEM Porsche battery (Part No. 999.611.070.12) which is made by Banner, has the following specification 12v 70Ah 760A EN

The banner website recommends I replace with a slightly higher capacity battery, Banner Part No. 58001 specification 115AGM 80Ah 800 Amps.

A quick google search shows that 760 Amps EN is the same as 800 CCA so the only difference seems to be the Ampere hour rating. With the OEM Battery being 70AH and the recommended Banner replacement being 80AH.

My Question is can I change like for like ? or do I need it recoding ?

I suspect as the replacement battery is 80AH and without recoding the alternator is still calibrated to charge a 70AH battery I will just never get the full 80AH capacity and be limited to 70AH but all should work fine.

Not great with electrics so hopefully someone more qualified could offer some guidance. Thanks for any help offered.

I am no expert. The difference between the batteries seems to be the capacity, thus the larger battery may well take a bit longer to reach fully charged, on the other side of the coin it will take longer to before it`s voltage will drop under the same loading as the original.

As for coding, I suspect the battery is not being coded, but the car`s charging and monitoring system (gateway ?) being provided with information on the new battery`s specification and requirements :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back