Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Raise drivers side window a few mm

stupidget

Silverstone
Hi All,

So I get quite a bit of wind noise from the drivers side when driving >70mph. What I’ve noticed is that the rear section of the widow looks like it needs raising about 3mm. After looking on the good old interweb I see that there are 4 rubber bungs on the underneath of the door, two towards the front of the car and two towards the rear. If you remove the bungs you get access to two 5mm bolts but I’m not sure which one would actually raise the window. Does anyone know which bolt I should use to raise the back section of the window?

The two rear ones are one with (I think) 13mm nut that clamps the regulator in place and the other 5mm bolt to adjust window height. Lower the window to the bottom and take a look in both, then raise it up and see which one disappears - thats the one you need to adjust.

They're rubber lined clamps which hold the glass. Just loosen the rear one, raise glass and tighten.

You can adjust the clamps that hold the glass at the front and rear of the regulator but this means removing the door card and messing with the membrane etc. It is possible to fine tune the window height by adjusting the threaded 'carriers' on the regulator. You can access both these with the window all the way down via the rubber bungs in the bottom of the door. There are 4. The inboard pair hold the regulator in place (don't play with them) but the outboard pair give access to the threaded adjusters front and rear.

I hope the pictures show what I mean..

Attachments

• IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5395.jpg
    IMG_5395.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 30
You can do as above, but do the easy was turning the 5mm bolt from underneath.

Yes that was the point I was making. You don't need to remove the door card you can do it by removing the bungs.

The pictures were for clarity to show what you need to aim for when lying under the door. I took then when replacing the regulator.

Cheers guys, I'll give it a whirl when I'm back home.

And me, just seems to have started on the drivers door in the last couple of months. Every time I think of going to adjust it it rains!

Ive just completed this - dead easy. 5mm socket on the rear. Once lowered the window you need to turn anti-clockwise. I had to turn probably 5 full turns. After each turn I checked the bolt tightness with my finger to check I didn't unscrew it. Window now closes to the top nicely and hopefully my very small damp patch on the lower window will not return (New regulator and new membrane already fitted) so this was my last troubleshoot

I am going to give this a go tomorrow.

So just to clarify. I fully lower the window, remove the the rubber bung from the bottom of the door highlighted in the image below:

turn the 5mm bolt anti-clockwise and check the window.

Done and dusted. Mine needed to be raised by a good 5-6mm.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back