Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quandry, 996 or 997?

I'm sure you'd agree that that point purely comes down to personal opinion, it's fair enough you disagree but I personally think the dash in the 997 is an infinitely better design.

As said though, both lovely cars!

Mondeo and 996 both underrated!

The dash in the 996 looks like someone made it from chocolate and it has randomly melted over time in the heat, while being beaten by the ugly stick, by a blind designer, with no arms, who is American and thinks a gold toilet is a nice thing to have.

The headlights are made from what the same person rejected for the dash.

Seriously, anyone saying a 996 is a good looking car, or better looking than a 997, is just trolling, which is all Alex ever does.......

So, make your own mind up, try both, laugh at the 996, then enjoy the 997 you buy.

What's wrong with a gold bog? :?:

resigner said:
The dash in the 996 looks like someone made it from chocolate and it has randomly melted over time in the heat, while being beaten by the ugly stick, by a blind designer, with no arms, who is American and thinks a gold toilet is a nice thing to have.

The headlights are made from what the same person rejected for the dash.

Seriously, anyone saying a 996 is a good looking car, or better looking than a 997, is just trolling, which is all Alex ever does.......

So, make your own mind up, try both, laugh at the 996, then enjoy the 997 you buy.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Thats got to be the funniest thing I've read all day!

Worse looking than a 997 indeed :floor:

Well done dude, you've made me chuckle! :thumb:

I personally prefer the 996 and it was a revolution in design, unfortunately the aircooled brigade at the time didn't like change (still don't) so the internet took over and only the people who don't get brainwashed can see the 996 for what it really is. I don't remember much about it at the time it was release but the huge leap forward must have shook the rule book up especially with what else was available for any cost.

The 997 isn't a huge leap ahead from the 996, it is just a facelifted and minor tweeked 996.

I have studied the headlight design in the 996 and it is actually a work of art, the detail they put into it, they probably stood back and admired their work only for the soft of brain to pan it as it wasn't like the one's before :shoot:

The 996 interior is so much more 911 that the 997, the 997 was just similar to the higher end eurobox interiors of the time and it was made very cheaply and wears badly, there is nothing like the 9*6 interior, it was one on its own.

But as with all 911's I like them for their individual uniqueness across the model.

...I think infrasilver has perfectly and eloquently addressed the relevant points thus this thread can be closed :judge:

I'm just wondering what all these 996 fanboys are doing on the 997 sub-forum. :lurk2:

We are here because secretly we all want a 997 Terry.

MC

MisterCorn said:
We are here because secretly we all want a 997 Terry.

MC

:grin: If you did, you'd have one by now.

fwiw after 4 years in a 997 I still think I'd prefer the 996 dash in front of me ........... but that's about it.

T8 said:
fwiw after 4 years in a 997 I still think I'd prefer the 996 dash in front of me ........... but that's about it.

:thumb:

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.

Example:

resigner said:
...........is just trolling, which is all Alex ever does.......

I say what I say because I believe I am right. That is not trolling, it's just me voicing my opinion, which everyone on here has the right to do.

and as for owning a 997. I'd have bought one by now if I wanted one. I had a good chat with another forum member today (who owns a 997). We both agreed that spending double the money on a newer variant 911 wasn't gaining anything other than depreciation.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back