Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 996 PSE back boxes (seams re-welded)

Benji1975

Monza
Hi, like the car seats in another thread, these are still sat back at my inlaws in the UK after I moved to Singapore and sold our Porsche 996 at the end of last year.(2003 3.6 with 100k miles)

After noticing a slight blowing sound i realised that the seams had gone in their usual place on the back boxes. I had some after-market ones fitted as was selling the car anyway but seemed a shame just to bin these as the PSE feature is quite desirable.

A local exhaust manufacturer in Basildon managed to cut out all affected area and then nicely weld them up so they should have a good few years in them.I think new from Porsche they are something like £3800 :eek: so these are ideal if you want to keep the switchable function.

When you pick one up there is noise where i suspect is a small bit of metal dropped in whilst cutting out. The noise wasn't there when i dropped off to the guy so don't believe it to be baffles.

Items can be picked up from near Basildon or could be couriered as I repackaged them into the Dansk boxes the new silencers came with.

£300 for the pair plus courier (probably £20-30)

regards
Ben

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back