Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 914 1.7. New pics July 2019

Looks like you've got one that's sorted :dont know: Unless of course the interior has the appearance of an octogenarians ball sac with psoriasis :dont know:

Zingari said:
Looks like you've got one that's sorted :dont know: Unless of course the interior has the appearance of an octogenarians ball sac with psoriasis :dont know:

It needs a bit of work but its the best of a bad bunch and crucially its not been gouged by a daft Yank. :wack: :mrgreen:

Been looking forward to this..... :Dance-Tap: :food:

You've earned every bit of joy this will give you :thumbs: :drink: :santa:

New997buyer said:

+1

A great way to end a tough year.

ps. I've seen the car and it looks absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

Whoop, whoop :thumb:

Mine is still in bits....I'm in need of a kick up the bum :oops:

alex yates said:
New997buyer said:

+1

A great way to end a tough year.

ps. I've seen the car and it looks absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

Cheers Lads :thumb: If I can find a user friendly alternative to photobucket that allows me to upload from my I-phone then I will do a thread but as things stand photobucket is driving me nuts! :pc:

Ok..Where do I begin? :mrgreen:

At about the time I bought my first 944 in 1990 I was in my local town and spotted a Porsche model that I had not seen before drive past me.
I was intrigued by its quirky, boxy looks.

I didn't have a clue of what the model was and in those pre internet days the only way to glean knowledge was to read a book about the subject matter so I went to WH Smiths in Preston and bought a book detailing all Porsche models.

The seed was planted in my mind and since that time I have only ever seen one more 914 on the road other than at shows so they are rare indeed.

At about the same time as I started this thread I was offered a 1973 914 1.7 by a chap in London who had owned the car for quite a while.
It seemed a bit dog eared but at the time I wanted something shiny and restored.
After a while I realised the rarity of these cars and the fact that most people are not capable of restoration to a reasonable standard so I put the idea to bed for a while.

About a month ago I got the urge to contact the owner to see if he still had the car.

He did so I decided to do some research on it.

The car was imported in 1999 by a company in Nottingham called Formulae Fuchs.It was bought by the present owner from them and it had been MOT'd every year since despite sometimes only covering a handful of miles in between tests.

I started to get very interested then as the more I asked the more I realised that this car was a gem with a very good history and as I stated previously despite its faults it was a car that hadn't suffered previous bodges and was still running on the D Jetronic fuel injection.

So I went down to look at the car..

Now if you went to look at a nearly car and when you got there the owner hadn't bothered about washing the exterior or cleaning the interior you would be quite rightly miffed but when its an old classic then that is exactly how you want to examine it.

The car was repainted in 1999 before the owner took delivery as the paint was sun bleached.It needs a few repairs but the car is not telling any lies as it is in an untouched state.What you see is what you get.
More pics..

After looking at the car for about 30 minutes I knew full well that I wasn't letting this one go so I paid in full and arranged to have the car transported that same evening.

In the meantime we went for a test drive and I was quite surprised at how well it went!
When the 914 was a current model it was slated as being slow compared to the Lotus Europa and other such exotica but as a classic car different rules apply and a torquey motor with healthy midrange performance is more important and this is where the 914 scores delivering peak at 2600 rpm :thumbs:

To arrange delivery I put the postcode of the vendor and mine into a website called Shipley and then transporters bid at the job.

The guy I went for had 100% feedback and charged me £231 to delivery it to my house.I paid for the car at midday on the Tuesday and it was on my drive at 7.30 am on Wednesday morning.

And then at my house!

Get in!!!!
:thumbs:

I've always liked them since I passed my driving test and there was VW mechanic nearby that used to import them and always had a few sat outside for sale. I'm sure they were only £1500 and I promised myself one, the only thing now I feel that they would be too slow for me and I may loose interest too quickly, they are the coolest Porsche though.

There is some really good history with this car which is important to me and definitely enhances the ownership experience. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back