Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pole position and standard seat runners?

jaysagood

Looking into purchasing some recaro pole positions but unsure if I can use the existing seat runners or not?

I'll need side mounts but I not sure about the slide mechanism and runners.

Anyone reused when sitting seats like these or do I have to buy the recaro sliders too?

many thanks

You can use the existing runners

Use the search facility for the his sub forum and you'll come up with a few threads that detail what different people have done.

In my opinion, the best method was one Pye21 used which was get your own side mounts made up and used the existing runners.

It's probably also the cheapest, and most likely to work as near to OEM as possible. The notable issue around fixing the seatbelt receiver, and having space for it in between the centre console and the seat being the biggest.

Hi :bye:

I actually have a spare set of brand new mounts and OE 996 Runners that im about to put up for sale. I have just done a minor redesign on my mounts and incorporated mounts into the sidemounts for harness's, as well as being able to accommodate the OE seatbelt latch. I made a couple of sets, so im selling the spare set.

If you drop me a PM I can send you some pics.

Thanks everyone and PMd.

Currently sat at RPM waiting for my service and taking the opportunity to sit various different recaros and GT3 seats!

Just looking at the D911 DTX seats (they seem to have stopped doing the GT3 reps?) and they look good value for carbon folding seats? also come with runners and side brackets built in so you only need to buy an adapter plate.

Has anyone fitted these or have any experience of them? do they sit lower in the car than stock sports seats?

Now got all the required hardware, just need to fit it all!

Does anyone know the correct torque for the bolts that mount the seats to the side mounts? I really don't want to strip the thread / snap a bolt off in the seat from overtightening.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back