Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM BOSE replacement default settings

D5RSR

Silverstone
I have replaced the PCM2 and Bose with a Kenwood DMX8019DBAS using a Connect2 CTSPO004 adapter. All the functions work ok and I understand that it just uses L and R outputs to the BOSE amp.

Before I removed the PCM I set all the surround and fader/ balance options to zero.
Would it make any difference re-installing the PCM and setting the surround sound to 'on' and then refitting the kenwood?

Ok, so if your fitting a new stereo then on the PCM you will need to set all the L & R, Fader, Bass and Treble to (Zero) then you take out the PCM and fit the new stereo with the Connect2 module, the output from the stereo (Front L & R) phono output goes to the Connect2, the Bose amp will equal the signal sounds from the stereo to all the speaker's in the car acordingly.

Setting the Surround to 'on' would not be a good idea as it may affect the quality of sound that your Kenwood provides, only good for PCM!. All you need is standard amp settings and let your stereo give you what its capable of!!!

But if fitting another amp then it doesnt matter about the said settings cos whats left is the speaker's that the new amp will connect to. But saying that the amp will destroy the speakers iirc cos the speakers i think are 2ohm and are.made for the Bose system! You will need to change all speakers apart from tweeters cos you can add an extra capacitor and resister.

J

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back