Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option Package P87

gbarron

Anyone know what this package included? I recently purchased a 2000 996 and it lists this as a factory-equipped package, but I cannot find anything regarding P87. Any info or leads as to where I might be able to find out more would be appreciated!

where are you getting the code from? option codes were printed on the build sticker on the underside of your bonnet. a duplicate of the build sticker is in your handbook.

Are you reading it correcting? Post a picture up

Ray

It's listed on the VIN report I recieved for the car, picture of the codes attached.

The "P" codes typically indicate an optional package available at the time of order but P87 remains a mystery.

Attachments

• 996_codes_693.jpg
    996_codes_693.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 887
I wonder if it's a typo and should be P78. :dont know:

P78 is Sports seats with partial manual and partial electric adjustment.

If that is what your car has got it may be the answer. I can't find a reference to P87 anywhere and if your car's seats do have any sort of electrical adjustment it's not mentioned in that option list.

Interesting...it does list 539 & 540 elsewhere in the options list for "mechanical seat height adjustment" (left & right), and it does have an electric adjustment for the back rest, but my research says P77 is full leather sports seats without the full leather package option (this is how my car is configured), & P78 is full leather sports seats with the full leather package. Both P77 & P78 are mechanical/electrically adjusted seats.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back