Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OBD II fault codes Power steering failure

tonyclements

Went though a large deep puddle a few days ago in my 66 plate Macan diesel, 16000 miles. There was a slight kick back through the steering as I came out of the puddle and then the warning message 'power steering failure, can still drive with heavy steering etc.'. Fortunately I was close to home, checked the connectors to the rack and sprayed it with electrical cleaner, no change. Plugged the diagnostic in and got the codes below, also got PSM code 051D08, please can anyone help with diagnosis?
Thanks,
Tony.

Attachments

• img_20210125_134534095_139.jpg
    img_20210125_134534095_139.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,658
I can help a little bit but not much i'm afraid ..

Our garage has had 2 like this last year .. i believe one was a cayenne with the other a macan .. one went through a large puddle and the other parked in one .

When you remove the undertray there is a large control unit under the steering rack .. i think its a separate unit but its to do with the steering .. this is what had the water ingress .

It will cause a cascade of failures with different fault codes .

Unfortunately neither was my job .. it was just something going on in the workshop so i have no real details about it .. until i get one i'm afraid i can't investigate or do any kind of write up .

Couple of the codes for you ..

Attachments

• code_2_1_717.jpg
    code_2_1_717.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 3,632
  • code_1_1_808.jpg
    code_1_1_808.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 3,632
Thanks, sounds like a replacement rack then :sad:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics