Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No surprise but cars really aren''t selling are they?

FFS! utterly rank...there's actual bits in there...are the sales people blind or just children? :judge:

wilpert said:
Slayer said:
Where about is your ex car up for sale please?

Sorry missed that.
Imperials Chelmsford.

Thank you. A lot for the money :thumb:

Zingari said:
I've just looked at that 458 Meridien are selling online. Seems a good price but the state of that 'R' button is shocking :eek:

https://preowned.ferrari.com/en-GB/...na/458-italia/ZFF67NHC000175790-1684318953735

I know they can be sorted so why don't the main dealers selling Ferrari approved get it done :dont know: Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

I noticed that manky toffee fingered R button but at least it was the R and not the Launch, now if the launch was gooey like that I'd be concerned.
The irony is that the rest of the interior in these cars is top notch, the leather is quality and the carpets are decent but those plastic buttons seem to lose their coating and have no gloss.

As for the car, I think it's well priced for a 458 but it is basic spec and silver doesn't seem to be popular on these cars.
I have been tempted to go and look and meridian offered me a decent px value on mine because they have serviced it for the last 7 years and sold it twice so I suppose that helps a bit.

Zingari said:
I've just looked at that 458 Meridien are selling online. Seems a good price but the state of that 'R' button is shocking :eek:

https://preowned.ferrari.com/en-GB/...na/458-italia/ZFF67NHC000175790-1684318953735

I know they can be sorted so why don't the main dealers selling Ferrari approved get it done :dont know: Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

I see they are still using Fiat Punto side indicators as well :floor:

Nice car though, I once sat in one at Ferrari Swindon :worship:

Absolutely true, cars are just not shifting at the moment as i mentioned in my other thread in the 996 section - I'm going to end up practically giving away my 996TT and its clearly head and shoulders over the others on the market at the minute.

I'm going to give CC a try if anyone has any words of advice in dealing with them?

Pete

I had my 996 Turbo for sale, cheapest in the country (under 100k miles), for a month - not even a nibble.

Hans Gruber said:
I'm going to give CC a try if anyone has any words of advice in dealing with them?
Pete

I've heard that once listed, they will very aggressively try to persuade you to reduce or remove your reserve, so if you have a rock bottom price in mind and that's your reserve then stick to your guns. They will tell you that "No reserve" auctions really get buyers excited and you'll make top money but remember an auction needs TWO people to REALLY want it in order for that to happen and if you only have one keen bidder then they'll do well and you'll lose out (and CC will obviously still make their buyer's fees).

It's like Estate Agents - when I sold my house a few years ago the agent got cheesed off when I refused to accept the first (low) offer after it had been on the market for just two days. Eg, a £50k reduction on a £1m house at 1.5% commission means a reduction of just £750 off their £15k commission so they'd rather just bank that while you nett £50k less!

On the plus side, if it doesn't make reserve they will then follow up with the bidders to try to get a sale. They did this with me when I was the highest bidder on a motorbike that failed to meet reserve. Although it was a rather pointless call since the reserve was so far from my winning bid that there was clearly no deal to be done. They reeeeallly tried though even offering to do it with no buyer's fee (I think on some they still make a bit from the seller's payment for the photos).

I think the shine has come off CC somewhat, but if you agree a reserve and stick to it then you have nothing to lose and could get lucky. Good luck whatever you decide.

:thumb:

squelch said:
Hans Gruber said:
Pete

I've heard that once listed, they will very aggressively try to persuade you to reduce or remove your reserve, so if you have a rock bottom price in mind and that's your reserve then stick to your guns. They will tell you that "No reserve" auctions really get buyers excited and you'll make top money but remember an auction needs TWO people to REALLY want it in order for that to happen and if you only have one keen bidder then they'll do well and you'll lose out (and CC will obviously still make their buyer's fees).

It's like Estate Agents - when I sold my house a few years ago the agent got cheesed off when I refused to accept the first (low) offer after it had been on the market for just two days. Eg, a £50k reduction on a £1m house at 1.5% commission means a reduction of just £750 off their £15k commission so they'd rather just bank that while you nett £50k less!

On the plus side, if it doesn't make reserve they will then follow up with the bidders to try to get a sale. They did this with me when I was the highest bidder on a motorbike that failed to meet reserve. Although it was a rather pointless call since the reserve was so far from my winning bid that there was clearly no deal to be done. They reeeeallly tried though even offering to do it with no buyer's fee (I think on some they still make a bit from the seller's payment for the photos).

I think the shine has come off CC somewhat, but if you agree a reserve and stick to it then you have nothing to lose and could get lucky. Good luck whatever you decide.

:thumb:

Thanks for the advice but CC did not even want to list it unless I set a ridiculous price lower than an sight unseen offer I have already had and rejected!

Yeah, I was really pleased to pick up a varioram 993 for the price I did, but I'm starting to realise cars I was considering 3 months ago are still listed. Cars listed at good prices, too.

Fantastic news if you're getting into the game, but not for anyone who thought they were buying a short term investment piece.

hunter_a said:
Yeah, I was really pleased to pick up a varioram 993 for the price I did, but I'm starting to realise cars I was considering 3 months ago are still listed. Cars listed at good prices, too.

Fantastic news if you're getting into the game, but not for an?@[]=/one who thought they were buying a short term investment piece.

Maybe the price correction is almost here :?:
In my head, 10%+ off all used values, and not just Porsche :?:

Price Correction

It's not here yet for 964's. Lovely slate grey one at Cambridge Autostore up at £70k sold within a day. Harris Classics rubystone car sold within a day. I suppose scarcity becomes a big factor as there will be 100 996's for every 964 to choose from!

Well I'm still hovering about and watching out of interest my late 991.1 tts

It's sat on their forecourt with trickle charger plugged in waiting for a new home. That's over 3 months now and doesn't look as if it's seen tarmac.

They have a 930 1986 variant which looks pretty good but I'm not brave enough to go and look as I might get tempted and trade my Cali back to them.

Is this a bargain in the cooling off market https://www.imperials.co.uk/used-ca...tible-grand-prix-white-manual-petrol/id-9570/

If it is as nice as it look's in the photo's I don't think it is ridiculous. It's not big mileage and not that common a car.
Having been on the lookout for a 964 I was paying close attention to the market and cars between £70k to £75k were selling quite quickly at dealers. The ones in the £80's were not. I jumped on a private sale at £62 because life is too short to think what if the market crashes? It's the car I wanted and Singer will always give me a few quid for it if nobody else want's one :dont know:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back