Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice GT2 for sale £125k !

anotherGT2

Mugello
2008 Porsche 911 (997) GT2 Built with RS & Track Specification (2008)
For sale Privately, in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
£125,000

porsche-911-gt2-997-gt2-S1364832-1.jpg

With horsepower up by 105bhp over a GT2RS and use of many light-weight materials and parts, this GT2 is now one of the few truly Ultra-High-Performance sports cars available and is one of the ULTIMATE 911's available.

3.6 six-cylinder Engine features twin turbochargers, modified headers and re-mapped to provide an incredible 720BHP and 950lb ft!
The increase in torque levels have made the mid range acceleration breathtaking!

Power to the rear wheels is through a six-speed manual gearbox, which has been modified to allow clean sharper gear changes and a very much improved differential over standard, allowing the increased power to be applied to the road safely and cleanly.
The wheels are very a special. They are a limited edition, hand crafted specifically for the GT2 range by Schmidt in Germany. As well as stunning works of art with race inspired center locking they have been rigorously tested on the famous Nordschleife Racetrack and are the widest rear wheels available for the GT2 Range. The wheels on this car alone cost over £9,000 .
Breaks are the PCCB – Porsche Ceramic Composite

Built with following external modifications to give the unique RS look;

-RS front and rear bumpers with carbon diffusers
-Carbon Bonnet
-Carbon door mirrors
-Carbon headlight surrounds
-Carbon details on rear Spoiler
-RS Decals on rear bumper and sides
-Schmidt lightweight limited edition center locking wheels.
-Lightweight Lithium Battery

The interior has also been much improved with following details;

-Lightweight Carbon backed bucket seats
-Carbon fiber door detailing
-RS Carbon door entry guards and rear inertia RS badge.
-Carbon Centre console
-Gearshift and handbrake lever and steering wheel are all finished in alcantara.
-Bose sound package Plus with CD Changer.
-Sat Nav, Porsche Communications
-Porsche Tracking Fitted

This bit I found interesting:

One of only three 2008 UK GT2 Cars Supplied in Black

Didn't realise mine was that rare!

Stunning car!

Yes its even more rare than that,

It even has seats fitted in the back with rear seat belts :?:

I had to do a double take when looking at it, just wonder if some will want a more original standard car rather than one that's been so highly modified.

Looks great though and obviously a lot of money spent on it.

The ad is all a bit vague? Lots of mention of modifications but not much detail on which brands etc. E.g. the gearbox mods, what exactly did they do to make it "sharper", also which diff has been installed?

Overall though looks like a fantastic machine.

... The only other thing that annoys me slightly is the RS badge - it's not an RS so don't label it as such.

Why on earth would anyone retrofit centre locks? :dont know:

It'd be interesting to know how drivable all of that torque is too. Drag strip numbers are one thing, but that kind of thing can be something of a liability on track - especially if it rains...

Looks nice though. Or rather it would without the bogus badging.

I could probably live with the bogus badges though :grin: that looks so
bl :wack: dy good ! :worship:

Why do people care so much if it's been modified. IT's been modified to look like a factory GT2RS. If it was a GT2RS nobody would be worried, so what's the difference? As long as the work has been carried out properly it's a cheap GT2RS as far as I can see. Although I'd have to change the wheels, yuk!

PS I saw this for sale not that long ago if it's the same car. Had those wheels on it.

Have to agree that from an "investment" point of view, maybe not the best buy.

I like the fact it has back seats (you could scare the ***** out of 3 tiny oriental girls at once :hand: )

Of more concern to me, if I were lucky enough to be buying, would be exactly what (& by whom ) had been done to get it up to the claimed BHP/Torque figures, & by association, how "drivable this had rendered it.

Big figures are (relatively) easy. Driveability/long term durability , cost. . .so, why so reticent to say who did the work ? :?:

That is definitely the same car I saw a while back. I don't remember how much it was selling for but I believe it was under 100 grand! I can tell as it has gloss carbon bonnet, gen.1 mirrors, and those wheels.

How much more than a standard GT2 is it?

Disco said:
It'd be interesting to know how drivable all of that torque is too. Drag strip numbers are one thing, but that kind of thing can be something of a liability on track - especially if it rains...

Stuart & I followed Mike Wilds around Silverstone last year as it started to rain. We were in mine on hot slicks & Mike was on hot Hosiers in Chris Reed's bonkers 996 3.8L GT2 which is putting out 740BHP. We still had grip and could have overtaken the GT2 but it was more entertaining to sit behind it.

We couldn't stop laughing watching Mike wressle that thing through Maggots & Beckets; he only had to give it a whiff of throttle and it was sideways.

Chris won't take it out at all if there's a hint of wet on the track.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back