Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Panamera - Paint Correction and Ceramic Coat

Elbitrevnoc

Looking for any recommendations and/or advice please. I'm in Berkshire and want to find a high quality detailer to get my car in the best possible condition.

I've been quoted £1200 (inc VAT) for what will be around a 3/4 day job, including steam wash, full degrease/decontamination, claying, 2-stage polish and 2-layer Gyeon Mohs+ coating. Also Gyeon coatings for rims and glass. The business seems very professional and has lots of 5* reviews.

I'm probably going to go ahead, but is the price reasonable for a high quality job and are there any suggestions of any other providers I should try? More importantly, is it actually worth it??????

Hi
Not sure who you have in mind, but I'm close (ish) and used DMC Newbury in October 2020.
I'm absolutely not an expert here but from what I understand the majority of the work here is the prep.

My 997 needed some paint to the front PU and bonnet (badly stone-chipped and on original paint), but once that had gone off (3-4 weeks) DMC worked their magic. Went for Labocosmetica ceramic once it was fully prepped.

Highly recommended. If you need a body shop too I can also recommend Dave at BMR Newbury.
HTH

It definitely makes future cleaning easier. The difficulty is maintaining it free of swirls and marring.

Thanks for thoughts and suggestions. I'll also check out DMC.

Does £1000 plus VAT seem the right sort of ball-park for a job like this? It's a 3/4 day job and therefore the time and labour that costs, but does that seem reasonable? I'm new to this game!

Elbitrevnoc said:
Thanks for thoughts and suggestions. I'll also check out DMC.

Does £1000 plus VAT seem the right sort of ball-park for a job like this? It's a 3/4 day job and therefore the time and labour that costs, but does that seem reasonable? I'm new to this game!

Try exclusive car care . The car being new, it should be a single stage correction. It could be less.
https://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/new-car-protection-detail/

Elbitrevnoc said:

We had out 991 done at Mulgari in Bracknell a couple of years ago. Full 3 day prep and gTechnik ceramic coat including the wheels calipers and suspension arms. THey did a great job and its still doing it magic now. I'd recommend them .

I seem to remember we paid about £1200 all in, so your quote seems realistic.

Hope this helps.

Job was completed on Saturday and left in the studio until I picked up on Monday morning. The good news was that the car looked great under the studio lights.

The bad news? It was pissing down on the way home and by the time I got back it was already covered in traffic film from the heavy road spray!

The worse news is that the recommendation for Gyeon MOHs+ coating is that the car isn't washed for 14 days, so it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can judge whether it's all been worthwhile!

Hoping it comes up shiny and slick!

Attachments

• d69794de_1978_4fde_b5ba_8efd1819f95d_745.jpeg
    d69794de_1978_4fde_b5ba_8efd1819f95d_745.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,103

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back