Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New engine mounts

Kersidan

Spa-Francorchamps
I fitted some OEM engine mounts a few weeks ago and only got round to road testing the car yesterday. WOW, what a difference! I have read plenty of threads from people saying that new/upgraded engine mounts made a noticeable difference to handling and gear change but what a considerable difference it made to my 996.

Now, long story short, I got my mounts from Rock Auto in the US total of £172.38 for the pair tax paid and inc delivery. These are OEM (original Porsche but without branding, there's lot of info on Rennvision I think). That's a whole lot cheaper than anywhere in the UK. Delivery timescale? I ordered on a Thursday and the were delivered the following Tuesday :eek:

Fitting was dead easy and took about an hour. I used new nuts and high tensile stainless bolts on the mount to chassis fixings.

Mark

What age and mileage is the car? I'm wondering if I should change mine although I don't notice any problems at the moment? Is there any way to establish if they are shot other than lower exhaust etc?

ian_alex said:
What age and mileage is the car? I'm wondering if I should change mine although I don't notice any problems at the moment? Is there any way to establish if they are shot other than lower exhaust etc?

Mine's a November 2003 with 57K miles. I think it's age more than miles that can affect the engine mounts. There were no tell tail signs of problems with mine but I have a list of preventative maintenance items and engine mounts were one. The decider for me was the very competitive price of the ones from Rock Auto from the US.

Mark

I fitted OEM as mine were 19years old!! Also uprated the anti-roll bars. Didn't need to do suspension as already fitted with Bilstein's. Now perfect!!

Did you not have any customs charges to pay once here in the UK?

Kersidan said:
I fitted some OEM engine mounts a few weeks ago
and only got round to road testing the car yesterday. WOW, what a difference! I have read plenty of threads from people saying that new/upgraded engine mounts made a noticeable difference to handling and gear change but what a considerable difference it made to my 996.

Now, long story short, I got my mounts from Rock Auto in the US total of £172.38 for the pair tax paid and inc delivery. These are OEM (original Porsche but without branding, there's lot of info on Rennvision I think). That's a whole lot cheaper than anywhere in the UK. Delivery timescale? I ordered on a Thursday and the were delivered the following Tuesday :eek:

Fitting was dead easy and took about an hour. I used new nuts and high tensile stainless bolts on the mount to chassis fixings.

Mark

ian_alex said:

Mine were shot and were changed by 9excellence just recently. Apart from gaps around the silencers I could see the cats were sitting on the bumper see before and after pics.

If they are bad like mine were the engine will also sit on the ARB.

HTH Ray

Attachments

• p6300023_199.jpg
    p6300023_199.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 830
  • 20210729_093717_642.jpg
    20210729_093717_642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 830
matt997s said:
Did you not have any customs charges to pay once here in the UK?

Nope the price quoted on line includes tax and shipping..... I think. There weren't any further charges that I paid. Just looked at the invoice and it includes UK VAT at 20%.

Kersidan said:
I fitted some OEM engine mounts a few weeks ago
and only got round to road testing the car yesterday. WOW, what a difference! I have read plenty of threads from people saying that new/upgraded engine mounts made a noticeable difference to handling and gear change but what a considerable difference it made to my 996.

Mark

Mark, would you be kind enough to confirm the part no is 99337504908 for both sides?
Many thanks.
Ian

I fitted Rein to mine. Bought them in the USA back in the old days. One used to travel for work and fun back in 2019...

As I mentioned in other threads on here, they absolutely transformed the car, and I had just replaced all of the suspension a few weeks previously and was delighted with the difference that made. So, engine mounts make a material difference to how the car behaves and how good the gear changes are.

Per the photo one had dropped compared to the other but both were Phuct.

Attachments

• dbaddeaf_adef_487f_b3eb_dee066775b92_658.jpeg
    dbaddeaf_adef_487f_b3eb_dee066775b92_658.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 729

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back