Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New bigger/longer coil packs from Beru

spinnaker

Hockenheim
Afternoon folks,

So I have one or more cracked coil packs based on the misfiring I have had a couple of times after the recent cold wet weather and a wash of the car last week. The car is running fine now that everything has dried out.

The car is going in for a major service and MOT in early Feb so I'll get the coil packs replaced then when they do the plugs.

Based on this thread (and other like it) http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1550985 it seems that Beru have beefed up their coil packs with the new ZS178 versions.

The packs themselves come with longer bolts but it seems that the heatshield for the coil packs now needs a spacer and longer bolts to keep the heatshield off the coil packs.

Has anyone fitted these and what exactly did you get for the bolts and the spacers? I want to be able to hand the right bits over to my indie.

Cheers!

You should be fine with the 997 .. it was early 996 that give issues along with some turbo models .

In essence all we do is glue some washers to the heat shields .. the Indy will be well used to this if they have to do anything .. which i don't think they will need to .

Yes i know im contradicting myself with that post but just leave it to the Indy to sort out .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back