Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Negative Review: Stratton Motor Co & Autowerke Norwich

BChivs said:
I'm out of pocket far more than £500....£500 was the difference of the purchase price, but I think it makes sense to put it to bed.

The summers approaching and I would like to be in something else fairly soon so I don't miss out on the shows and meets and enjoying the car whatever that may be.

Il call him tomorrow I think and ask for him to transfer the money as soon as possible.

How much have you actually spent with follow up PPI's, additional costs to fix the problems that shouldnt have existed and any legal fees ?

and you still need to respond to my PM, until such time the thread is under moderation.

Naughty dealers are fair game , 2nd only to ridiculous number plates for sale :grin:

Please get the money in your account asap, so we can properly "enjoy" discussing this thread further ... :floor:

As Phil says., We'll find you a decent motor . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
BChivs said:
I'm out of pocket far more than £500....£500 was the difference of the purchase price, but I think it makes sense to put it to bed.

The summers approaching and I would like to be in something else fairly soon so I don't miss out on the shows and meets and enjoying the car whatever that may be.

Il call him tomorrow I think and ask for him to transfer the money as soon as possible.

:thumb: :thumb: :grin: When the monies safe in your account then we can help with the renewed search for the right car mate. :thumb:

Although it's more like £1500 out of pockets after the 2nd PPI, costs to fix dangerous issues, body work problems even before you get to Insurance and legal expenses, etc.

And then the dealer has a car back with £1000 of prep that he's not paid for and is offering £500 less then he sold it for and will make an extra few £k on it with the work already done.

911UK said:
Phil 997 said:
BChivs said:

:thumb: :thumb: :grin: When the monies safe in your account then we can help with the renewed search for the right car mate. :thumb:

Although it's more like £1500 out of pockets after the 2nd PPI, costs to fix dangerous issues, body work problems even before you get to Insurance and legal expenses, etc.

And then the dealer has a car back with £1000 of prep that he's not paid for and is offering £500 less then he sold it for and will make an extra few £k on it with the work already done.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up! :( :(

:boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :starwars: :starwars:

we are ready and waiting to start the debate , just waiting for the nod the cash is in the bank :grin: :grin:

BChivs said:
911UK said:
Phil 997 said:
BChivs said:

Yeah that pretty much sums it up! :( :(

The thing I don't like is the people they have done this to and the ones they will do it to.

You should do what is right for you but the unfortunate thing is dealers just get away with it time and time again to many other unsuspecting punters and will keep doing it because people can't be bothered with the hassle of it all, and they know it.

So I eventually got my money back today!! Last week was especially trying to say the least!
I called the owner of Stratton Motor Company with the aim of having a further amicable chat with plans to reach a final compromise. I had hoped he would've been good enough to at least return my money (parts costs) for what I had spent on it, but to no avail! :frustrated: Genuinely no reasoning with them!

It doesn't matter how hard you try to appeal to their good nature, there's no compromise.

Anyway, after what ended in a very heated telephone conversation (Monday), I demanded the money in 7 working days which was lunchtime today.....although a transfer takes 2 hours these days, they made me wait until lunchtime today, the full 7 days and what appeared to be further muscle flexing! :bandit:

Anyway I consider that saga over, line drawn and on to the better things! All I hope is that if anyone reading this and is interested in the car the do your own due dillegence! The cars reg is SH52 DMZ. I have been given a formal report with photographic evidence of the issues....not hearsay or speculation. I urge any interested party to do the same or PM me for further information.

I think you did your best mate ,now you have the money safely in the bank you can now look for a decent car , if you find one and want advise pick a few members you think can help and PM them dont post the car details on the open forum as there are always lurkers who seeing positive things said will move on it before you can. :thumb: good luck keep us posted on progress and have a good look at the cars for sale on here :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I think you did your best mate ,now you have the money safely in the bank you can now look for a decent car , if you find one and want advise pick a few members you think can help and PM them dont post the car details on the open forum as there are always lurkers who seeing positive things said will move on it before you can. :thumb: good luck keep us posted on progress and have a good look at the cars for sale on here :grin: :thumb:

Cheers Phil mate.👍🏻

I think it was the best move....The solicitors I had instructed were working through my house Insurance as part of the legal cover I had, but part of their caveat was that they would only take on the case if they were a minimum 85% sure of a success....they have been reviewing all the correspondence, reports and evidence and turns out las5 week that they were positive I had strong grounds and agreed to take it on. I could of possibly gone down that route and recovered all my costs but it's then further time and stress.

I think possibly the dealer knew this by calling me out. At least it's done and dusted.

I will be more cautious now and look to buy from the good guys out there like Harbour, Tom at 911V, Stirling's etc. I was a bit gutted the silver C4S sold at Harbour this week...I had planned to view once the cash was secure.

Now you have (almost all) your money back from the dealer turn your attentuon to the PPI company. Sue them for your outstanding loss...

BChivs said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheers Phil mate.👍🏻

I think it was the best move....The solicitors I had instructed were working through my house Insurance as part of the legal cover I had, but part of their caveat was that they would only take on the case if they were a minimum 85% sure of a success....they have been reviewing all the correspondence, reports and evidence and turns out las5 week that they were positive I had strong grounds and agreed to take it on. I could of possibly gone down that route and recovered all my costs but it's then further time and stress.

I think possibly the dealer knew this by calling me out. At least it's done and dusted.

I will be more cautious now and look to buy from the good guys out there like Harbour, Tom at 911V, Stirling's etc. I was a bit gutted the silver C4S sold at Harbour this week...I had planned to view once the cash was secure.

Yep there are plenty of good cars from good dealers , thats the right route , As Ade says if you can be bothered go after the PPI company but if you just want to put the whole thing to bed and move forward I totally get that " lifes to short " etc :thumb:

Also I would give mark at stirlings and any of the other known good guys a call tell them what your after so they can bear it in mins when considering stock aqusition :thumb: it help them as they may be turning away a good car as they couldnt get the matgin to have it sitting around where as if they know it will move in days then they can look at a smaller margin and may be able to put a deal together with the seller. :thumb:

What an appalling journey you have had.
Taking the offer would have been recommended by me, so that has been achieved.

Interesting that solicitors think you may have a claim against Autowerke for the PPI. As I understand it, when you or a dealer on your behalf commission a PPI, a contract is entered into with a clause that says something like "the inspection shall have indemnities limited to a maximum of the inspection fee or proportion thereof as stipulated by the company (Autowerke) and shall not be liable for consequential loss arising from the inspection"

This means their liability is limited to a refund of the £300 (or less).

The solicitors are obviously aware of such clauses and confident to 85% of winning a claim so the detailed circumstanced in the case brought up by their research suggests something different will work in your favour.

Just to clarify this as some people seem to be under the wrong impression.

The dealer did refund you in full the amount that you paid him for the car, but did not give you anything extra for the money you had spent on it after purchase.

I presume that is the situation.

PeterS said:
Just to clarify this as some people seem to be under the wrong impression.

The dealer did refund you in full the amount that you paid him for the car, but did not give you anything extra for the money you had spent on it after purchase.

I presume that is the situation.

No not exactly. Basically the car was advertised at £26,995. The car was found to have faulty coil packs, and a few other bits that needed sorting. The dealer said they would not be able to sort the parts in time before collection so would knock £500 from the asking price. I carried this work out, but now they have conveniently forgotten this arrangement and have a car returned with 6 x new coil packs and replacement drivebelt fitted at my cost
They knew of this arrangement before purchasing. Monday I called and said forget the labour element, and just pay me back the part cost which again they refused.

I have spent more money on the car which I couldn't recover. There was rust bubbles to both wheel arches which I was assured would be fixed before collection. When I arrived it wasn't done, I had driven 5hrs and the salesman was not there. I filed the complaint with the workshop manager and had to get this sorted myself. All previous discussions were conveniently forgotten.

The car was overdue a service which cost me £490, of which they only returned £250.

Basically they looked at in a tunnel vision perspective at what I actually transferred and not the actual agreement and costs relating to the agreement.

You also have to understand I only covered 200miles in the car, and what turned into a 5 month long dispute to reach this stage when I was legally entitled to a full repair or refund.

Sounds like astonishingly shoddy treatment from a dealer that is an Aston Martin and Lotus main agent.

I'm sure they'd be interested to hear about such poor customer service from one of their franchises.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back